Notorious Need more robust diffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedibabaob

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Notorious
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Senton 6s
  7. Talion
  8. Typhon 6s
Have had to replace both front and rear diffs recently, I like to jump .... I make mistakes.... but on my next outing after the fix I think I’ve done it again.....clickety click.....

makes me ask what upgrades could I consider as an alternative to the stock diffs if I wanted something more robust .... if there is anything out there

looking for advice ...

you can see from one of the pics as to what I get up to jumping lol ? albeit with my Kraton in this case!

7B5E0481-F4FD-4226-85DD-2B9150471448.jpeg

E5E89792-7FD6-4DF0-867A-7C4523E16457.png

E3EEB46F-CDC3-4AD3-A635-B510499866A8.jpeg

Have you shimmed up the diffs ? Or are you putting In a replacement unit?

it’s all in the shims, and the landings... shims will help you be more bulletproof but they aren’t going to be “full proof”

how are your landings? Are you on the throttle? On throttle landings are killer to the diffs..

I Always release throttle on landing .. don’t get me wrong ive had a few bad knocks in the process but always aim for a neutral landing

think shimming is the way forward - seen it mentioned a lot

thanks ??

There is no diff out there that will survive landings under throttle. The will break quickly.

Check your diff cases and shims, clicking is worn out gears or too much play. Check your diff housing for cracks or stripped bolts.

You could go with alu diff housings but gears will still strip with incorrect throttle management. It would prevent cracked housings.
They are pricey and replacement housings are relatively cheap.
Shim your input gear as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back