Need opinions for a transmitter/receiver with a gyro for a new Limitless build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dk10438

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
As the title states I'm building a Limitless and I'd like to get opinions on which radio to get. Likely I will do some bashing with some speed running IF I can find a suitable location that's safe to run a car 100+ MPH. That being said I'd like to get a radio/receiver that has a gyro for stability control. I purchased a Dx3/6100 receiver from JennysRC but I've read that DX3 range is relatively poor which could be a big problem when speed running?

Therefore debating keeping DX3 v. Flysky GT5 v. Radiolink R6GS v. other??

Is the DX3 range that bad and what would you suggest?

I don't have a DX3 or a GT5 but based off my other Spektrum and Flysky stuff I would probably go with another RC6GS V2. Not that the Spektrum or Flysky stuff is bad I just like the Radiolink better personally.

I would also go with the Radiolink, it has the best range out of the options you listed and it's a really good radio for the money.

I would also go with the Radiolink, it has the best range out of the options you listed and it's a really good radio for the money.
Plus the non proprietary voltage telemetry is nice.

As the title states I'm building a Limitless and I'd like to get opinions on which radio to get. Likely I will do some bashing with some speed running IF I can find a suitable location that's safe to run a car 100+ MPH. That being said I'd like to get a radio/receiver that has a gyro for stability control. I purchased a Dx3/6100 receiver from JennysRC but I've read that DX3 range is relatively poor which could be a big problem when speed running?

Therefore debating keeping DX3 v. Flysky GT5 v. Radiolink R6GS v. other??

Is the DX3 range that bad and what would you suggest?
The range on the DX3 isn't very good and I'd be cautious about using it for speed running. Range will vary depending on environmental variables (i.e. power lines and other stuff) so best practice would be to get a 2nd person to test how far you can go.

As for radios, the R6GS is good choice, particularly when it comes to range. I personally don't like how the gyro works compared to the 6100AT with SVC but, as many other things, that's down to personal preference. A Tx I've been hearing a lot of good things about is the Flysky G7P. There's a thread on here from someone who has it and was really loving it. It's sub $100 and, for the money, looks pretty plush. It doesn't have a foam wheel as stock, but that's an easy fix.
1657953021480.png

I have a Flysky FS-GT5 and am very happy with it. The SVC gyro system works great but I have never tested the range. The Spektrum AVC gyro system is a real pain in the ass to get it to work properly, and not sure about the Radiolink RC6GS gyro system, but from what I understand the Radiolink has the best range out of the options that you listed.

Also, as previously stated, the newer Flysky FS-G7P is also a great radio. More options than the FS-GT5, better range than the FS-GT5 and a similarly good SVC gyro system, all for a great price.

Just solder one yourself. Shouldn't be too difficult :)
While I know how to solder, sorta lol. I don't know how to actually wire the adapter. Is it just female - male with jst + and - soldered to one of the connectors?

I'll have to do some DD on the Flysky FS-G7P. I'm almost tempted to get myself a Noble and external gyro. Does anyone know if the which transmitters are compatible with the Castle ESC tele??

I'll have to do some DD on the Flysky FS-G7P. I'm almost tempted to get myself a Noble and external gyro. Does anyone know if the which transmitters are compatible with the Castle ESC tele??
Futaba 4PX, 7PX & 7PXR and the Spektrum 5 series.
https://www.radiocontrolpower.com/product-page/ec5-ic5-power-tap-connector-to-jst-female

Would that work? I'ma be salty because I literally just ordered something from there like 10 mins ago LOL
Yes. Email them that you want to add it to the order. I've done stuff like that numerous times and it's never been a problem.

anyone know what the range is on the futaba T4PM? and is it much different from the 4px?

Last edited:
anyone know what the range is on the futaba T4PM? and is it much different from the 4px?
No idea. Futaba never lists range for their transmitters. I have the 4PV, 4PX & 7PXR and I've never done a head to head range comparison. I think Futaba is aware that environmental variables will factor in and don't want to open themselves up to liability in the case of run-a-ways. Now, that's conjecture on my part so take it with a pinch of salt. Maybe I'll test it someday, but not anytime in the imminent future.

No idea. Futaba never lists range for their transmitters. I have the 4PV, 4PX & 7PXR and I've never done a head to head range comparison. I think Futaba is aware that environmental variables will factor in and don't want to open themselves up to liability in the case of run-a-ways. Now, that's conjecture on my part so take it with a pinch of salt. Maybe I'll test it someday, but not anytime in the imminent future.
Years ago Big Squid did a shootout with some transmitters Spektrum was the worst and the range on the Futaba was so far that they had to have someone walking with the car on their cell phone talking to the driver.

Years ago Big Squid did a shootout with some transmitters Spektrum was the worst and the range on the Futaba was so far that they had to have someone walking with the car on their cell phone talking to the driver.
Yeah, I've seen one test of the 7PXR on Youtube and it was ridiculously far. They followed the car with a drone on, what looked like, an old abandoned air field or something like that and it was, essentially, out of sight. They made it 570m.

Flysky Noble NB4 and a Futaba gyro is my setup. Haven’t had the gyro in use yet but it’s the best one according to many who use it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back