Need slipper hub plate help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand. You went down that rabbit hole with
a BLX conversion. Many do this. Costly with never ending drivetrain issues. Is what it is.
There are tons of threads here on AF in regards to your issues . Do a search.
I know I am not helpful in regards.
I got my son a Notorious (6s rig) when he was 7 and let him run 3s and 4s till he got the hang of it. Way more durable. Only added Alloy F and R braces. Rarely breaks at all for him. Notorious is a tank out the box, being a SWB chassis. With 3 differentials. NO slipper clutch.
Now he runs 6s along with my rigs. He has an Infr now also.

Last edited:
I understand. You went down that rabbit hole with
a BLX conversion. Many do this. Costly with never ending drivetrain issues. Is what it is.
There are tons of threads here on AF in regards to your issues . Do a search.
I know I am not helpful in regards.
I got my son a Notorious (6s rig) when he was 7 and let him run 3s and 4s till he got the hang of it. Way more durable. Only added Alloy F and R braces. Rarely breaks at all for him. Notorious is a tank out the box, being a SWB chassis. With 3 differentials. NO slipper clutch.
Now he runs 6s along with my rigs. He has an Infr now also.
Not having a drive train issues at the moment thankfully but figured out the slipper clutch was my own fault tightening it to much and breaking the inside part of the hub. My son is 4 now and I use it on 2s mostly at 50% power and he can drive it pretty well. Hopefully it will last like this being that its only runs on 2s and at limited power. I had a Castle brushless with and ESC that a local hobby shop put in for me (before I knew how easy it was to install) that was only really capable of 2s. I wanted to make it 3s and JennysRC is pretty good in the pricing for the ESC / Motor combo.

Once he gets a little older I'm sure he will step up to another vehicle. I appreciate the insight!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back