Need some advise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plant 175

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I just bought a used 2017 Kraton 6x and having fun with it. My problem is my 14 kid wants to buy a car so we can have some grass races. I found a 2014 never used Typhon on Craigslist for $330 and am not sure if it’s a deal ? He would like to make it into more of a truggy for pounding on grass and dirt. I would need to have a list of what we would need to make the conversion so I could price it out and see if it would be better buying a new Kraton instead. Thanks in advance for any help !

I just bought a used 2017 Kraton 6x and having fun with it. My problem is my 14 kid wants to buy a car so we can have some grass races. I found a 2014 never used Typhon on Craigslist for $330 and am not sure if it’s a deal ? He would like to make it into more of a truggy for pounding on grass and dirt. I would need to have a list of what we would need to make the conversion so I could price it out and see if it would be better buying a new Kraton instead. Thanks in advance for any help !

But for $330 I would say probably not, as by the time you did the truggy conversion and changed out all the bulkheads and shocks to the newer designs(the first few versions had weaker bulkheads and the 3.5mm shock shafts bent all the time) you would have been better off just buying a Kraton or Talion to begin with.

This is just from memory.
2x bulkheads ~$22
shocks - ~$50
shock towers - $8
Kraton chassis - ~$26
Kraton chassis braces - ~$14
Kraton a arms - $12
Tires - ~$60
driveshafts - ~$37
body - ~40

That's about $270 in parts plus your $330 puts you at about $600, and I am more than positive I missed a few things.

Last edited:
If that is a v1, with the red esc and motor, $300 is high, I'd want a deal closer to $250. Maybe $300 if it really is never ran, but no more.

Then you need to call HH to swap the ESC, that red ESC is a fire hazard.

If you are on a budget and you are looking for a truggy I would look at something like this https://hobbyking.com/en_us/basher-sabertooth-1-8-scale-truggy-arr.html, it just needs a radio and battery. However it only runs on 4s and most people do not recommend running a 6s power system in it. @Aussie RC Playground has a bunch of running videos of this and a review as well. Every now and then Hobbyking has this on sale for less than $200. Also if you search around you can find discount codes for 10% off.

If that is a v1, with the red esc and motor, $300 is high, I'd want a deal closer to $250. Maybe $300 if it really is never ran, but no more.

Then you need to call HH to swap the ESC, that red ESC is a fire hazard.
Oh yeah I forgot about the BLX180.

Thanks guys I think you answered my questions

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back