Need some heavy prayers and positive thoughts for NorCal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some beautiful shots in a horrible circumstance, as you see that is super heavy thick smoke from the worse of the two fires to the west of me growing closer to my hometown and mother. Sorry guys just trying to get my mind off of things and take advantage of what little power I have now.
IMG_20210721_205303331.jpg
IMG_20210720_190115746_HDR.jpg
This is about all the info we get from our power company which again doesn't tell us when or how long we will have power just that they will continue the rolling blackouts
Screenshot_20210722-082057.png

Make sure your Mom doesn't wait until the last minute to evacuate. If it looks like it's going to be close, it's much better to be out before everyone else plugs up the roads. She should be packed and ready to go now, that way it's just a grab and go.

Make sure your Mom doesn't wait until the last minute to evacuate. If it looks like it's going to be close, it's much better to be out before everyone else plugs up the roads. She should be packed and ready to go now, that way it's just a grab and go.
Yes she's been getting everything ready to go and situated so good to go there. Just waiting day to day on the forward progress of the fire and which way it's making a run each day.

Yes she's been getting everything ready to go and situated so good to go there. Just waiting day to day on the forward progress of the fire and which way it's making a run each day.
Because we don't get enough STRESS in our daily lives already! Hang in there. (y)

Just watching this on the CBS evening news, fires everywhere, can be seen from space. The Oregon fire is really bad also. Stay safe!

We saw a few new plumes around us today before the winds (20-50mph) and rain hit (and more thunder, of course) we had a funnel almost touch the ground at the jobsite around 2:30pm. Sounded like a freight train, but it fizzled before it could do more than lower the ambient air pressure. I had to chase my hat, some plywood scraps, and a couple sheets of corrugated steel across the horse pasture. Then it rained for another hour or 2. 😃 We actually have a few minutes of clear air before @Edough13 's smoke engulfs us again. This is the first time I've seen the bridgers in a few weeks-
20210722_185626.jpg

Same view below from last summer. My brother in law lost the house he grew up in during this fire-
20200905_131805.jpg

Same ridge a few hours later, just after dark-
20200904_204446.jpg

Sadly, I suspect your fires ain't done messing with your community. I hope your family is on the lucky side of it.

It sucks when fire comes to your neighborhood.

I'm pulling for ya @Edough13

We saw a few new plumes around us today before the winds (20-50mph) and rain hit (and more thunder, of course) we had a funnel almost touch the ground at the jobsite around 2:30pm. Sounded like a freight train, but it fizzled before it could do more than lower the ambient air pressure. I had to chase my hat, some plywood scraps, and a couple sheets of corrugated steel across the horse pasture. Then it rained for another hour or 2. 😃 We actually have a few minutes of clear air before @Edough13 's smoke engulfs us again. This is the first time I've seen the bridgers in a few weeks-
View attachment 159652

Same view below from last summer. My brother in law lost the house he grew up in during this fire-
View attachment 159653
Same ridge a few hours later, just after dark-View attachment 159654
Sadly, I suspect your fires ain't done messing with your community. I hope your family is on the lucky side of it.

It sucks when fire comes to your neighborhood.

I'm pulling for ya @Edough13
Thanks brother really appreciate it! So far everyone is ok but unfortunately fires not letting up. Couple good things is there's a couple good size lakes it has to make it around and streams as well, but anyone that knows fire knows jumping trees and spot fires unfortunately lead the way.

We will keep you and your family in our prayers! The smoke has drifted from the west coast and canada all the way over to south carolina.If i know you well enough i know you will keep your gaurd up as to if yall have to vacate. Also remember to have your lipo chargers and batteries ready to charge when the power comes back on too.🤙 prayers @Edough13

We will keep you and your family in our prayers! The smoke has drifted from the west coast and canada all the way over to south carolina.If i know you well enough i know you will keep your gaurd up as to if yall have to vacate. Also remember to have your lipo chargers and batteries ready to charge when the power comes back on too.🤙 prayers @Edough13
Thanks brother appreciate it!

So thank God 🙏 as of about midnight this morning we are currently on full power so hopefully everything is fixed and no more blackouts! Have to check the forward progress of the fire but I haven't been called by my mom with any evacuation orders so hopefully they are making some progress. Thank each and every one of you for your kind words and prayers! I'll post updates when I get them or am able as my kids have 4H all week at fair this week from showing and selling sheep, horse shows, Guinea pigs show etc so most of the day I'm away at the fair with no internet and busy. Again thank you everyone for all the prayers and positive thoughts I really truly appreciate it!

Glad you got power back, a generator is a must here. 👍

Well things have gotten really bad unfortunately over the last couple days. Unfortunately the small town of Greenville was partially destroyed overnight with the fire burning through the town, also Chester another small community was partially burned as well. The fire is now heading for my hometown and small community of Westwood so my parents had to evacuate today. They are safe here at our house and we are all praying they stop the fire from destroying their home and the small town not only myself but my mother grew up in. Really really needing the prayers big time everyone! Here's a short of the smoke from my house about 25-30 miles from the flames. Video is at 5:30pm and looks like it's about 8:40-9pm as we are fully covered in such thick smoke. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CSNrGJSlNHm/?utm_medium=copy_link
For info just look up the Dixie fire in Northern California, #dixiefire on Facebook or Instagram.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back