Need some heavy prayers and positive thoughts for NorCal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see how life in California can keep going much longer unless something big changes. All the farms are nearly shut down at this point.

A lot of this could be avoided if the states politics were not so screwed up. It would be nice to get some real rain though.

WOOHOO!!!

snoop-snoopy.gif

Did you get some rain? My sky is blue for the first time in months! I forgot what it looks like w/o smoke
No unfortunately 😔 but fire is starting to slowly burn out in most spots so really going to depend on wind direction now. We were clearing out and wind shifted so we're back being smoked out. Sucks man out of the last 45+ days we've gotten like maybe 3 days that were clear. Definitely been feeling it in the lungs and having asthma sure isn't helping.

Did you get some rain? My sky is blue for the first time in months! I forgot what it looks like w/o smoke
We are screwed no matter which way the wind blows, now we have big fires north and south of us. Our air quality sucks. I can't wait for November!

@Edough13 glad it's finally settling down, were your parents able to go home yet?

We are screwed no matter which way the wind blows, now we have big fires north and south of us. Our air quality sucks. I can't wait for November!

@Edough13 glad it's finally settling down, were your parents able to go home yet?
Yes they were able to go home last weekend thankfully 🙏

Good to hear, glad things are hopefully returning to normal where you are. My parents left my place yesterday morning after three days to go back home, they live up north of Los Angeles near the Lake Isabella area and had to leave last week because of the French Fire, which at this point is still going strong and is up to I believe 27,000 acres burned with around maybe 25% containment. Thankfully it turned away from their house so they were able to return for now. I read that the French fire started last week under "suspicious circumstances"
I don't know if that means it was intentionally started, but if so what a F...... up thing to do..

I hope and pray all you living out there make it without damage. I used to live in Utah, Arizona, Nevada. I really do miss the beauty and views.
I will be happy to deal my snow(y)

I hope and pray all you living out there make it without damage. I used to live in Utah, Arizona, Nevada. I really do miss the beauty and views.
I will be happy to deal my snow(y)
We get snow too but that's the issue is we haven't seen good winters in a good ten years so everything is like a matchstick. Unfortunately now it's blazing back up and kinda heading back out way. Took kids to town about an hr ago and there was a small spot now burning close to us so really hoping they get that out as winds are bad today and could really make that tiny spot take off. Really hoping it's out when I head back home🙏

Man so tired of having to worry and stress about this fire😔 now it is really taking off again at the end closer to us. Thankfully it's still about 20+miles away but as before that can change in an instant. Winds are bad today and all the way tell tomorrow like 11pm we have red flag warning so not good. Also fire on the side closer to my parents is also taking off but thankfully not in their direction at the moment but again things can change in an instant. Big thing for my parents is the only road they have to use and get anywhere may possibly be closed as the fire is moving closer in that direction. Man so stressful and emotionally draining so tired of this considering this is going on close to 50 days now😩 here's a pic looking twords the fire closest to us not good it really took off with the bad winds today
IMG_20210830_181824630.jpg

I guess you now have some questions for your state and local politicians for the next election cycle... if enough of you demand it, they have the ability to fix the f'd up fire policies.
Man unfortunately that's a joke in itself. Just a good example for ya is one our governor is Newsome 🤦 two we are republican up north here and are trying to vote him out with the recall. Third he has been trying to shut down one of the big prisons in our area that will take over 1000 jobs away from our communities and we have been fighting him on it. Fourth he did absolutely nothing for us with this fire until after it burned through 3 communities and had been burning 38 days but yet 3 days after the Calder fire started which at the time was maybe 20k acres and not burnt any communities he declared emergency for them but coincidentally he happens to have a home in Tahoe where that fire is headed. Unfortunately it's disgusting how much of a low life POS he is and will do absolutely nothing for us up north as we are not democrats that kiss his a$$ and have been fighting him on many things.

fire unfortunately has gotten really bad again but wind has been blowing away from us thankfully so just have to keep praying it doesn't shift and head back our way again🙏🏼🤞🏼 still a good 15 miles away but that can change in minutes. Also good thing we have going is its already burnt between us and where it is so not much fuel for it to burn and be easier to cut lines to stop it. So over this thing man been burning since July 14th 😔
20210902_180006.jpg
20210902_180106.jpg
20210902_180034.jpg
20210902_180126.jpg

Don't worry, I hear there might be upward of an inch of rain coming in late November!

Seems like this one has been burning forever. Sure has affected a lot of folks. Keeping everyone up north in our thoughts. Eventually it has to end.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back