Typhon Need some help with the pinion gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nookiemonster

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
Hey guys, I was hoping to get some clarification.

ive upgrades my Spur gear to a steel one, and was wondering if I need to upgrade the pinion also, or can I run the stock one?

ive seen some people say I do, and some that I don’t, so I wanted some clarification.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

ive upgrades my Spur gear to a steel one, and was wondering if I need to upgrade the pinion also, or can I run the stock one?

ive seen some people say I do, and some that I don’t, so I wanted some clarification.

thanks
If you have a V1/V2 Mega with 48p gears then yes you will need a Mod 0.8 pinion. Can you tell us what you’re working with so we can give you better advice?

Hey!

yep sorry I should have said, I’ve got the 3s typhon 3s BLX.

thanks
If you have a V1/V2 Mega with 48p gears then yes you will need a Mod 0.8 pinion. Can you tell us what you’re working with so we can give you better advice?

Thankyou!
I did think this but people on a Facebook group were saying I needed Hardened steel.
I’m glad I know I’ve got the right thing!
Cheers
A Robinson Racing extra hard pinion wouldn’t be a bad idea, but the stock one will work too.

thanks
stock pinion will work fine just be sure that your metal spur has the same pitch as stock pinion

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back