Typhon Need some help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wadedog

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Typhon 6s
My typhon SWB 1717 mm8s 6s 28 35 gearing can’t figure out why only 74 mph. I have recalibrate when up pinion size I’m thinking the battery all 6 cells are good .

My calculator says that's about right.
The load is minimal so you can say the motor-loaded runs around 90% efficient. The loaded KV will be around 1,500
Some voltage sag with the Zees to around 20v and that gets you in the 72-80 mph range with a 28t pinion and 35t spur.

34/34 would probably put it right around 100mph if the battery can hang on.

The load is minimal so you can say the motor-loaded runs around 90% efficient. The loaded KV will be around 1,500
Do you always reduce motor kv rating by 10% in your calculations for a more accurate estimate? I’m new to speed running.

Do you always reduce motor kv rating by 10% in your calculations for a more accurate estimate? I’m new to speed running.
Only if lightly loaded.
Anytime someone is talking about speeds up at 110+ and amperage is high then you are looking at 75-82% ranges.

Most of it highly depends on the battery's ability to keep up with the load. So it is not actually the motor's efficiency but the LiPos ability to hold its voltage under a heavy load. Zeee are lower cost LiPos great for bashing, but they show their weakness quickly in a speed application.

I have a few 15000mAh zees and the sag down to less then that of my 9500mAh CNHL lIPOs. Zees have some of the worst sage out of all most any thing on the market that I have used. I like CNHL stuff because its all ways the same It may not be the best battery for what I'm doing but I know what to expect from them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back