Notorious Need some help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The plot thickens.

Took out my Notorious and within 3 minutes it was just running in circles. One of the rear tires had no power to it. Take it inside and pull the rear diff:

View attachment 25280

Sun gear and pin were in pieces. Surely this must have been the source of my issues! I rebuild the diff using all new parts except for the ring gear cover. I put it back together and go test. I still have the chattering and after 10 minutes the motor is 205 degrees. FML. So what haven't I checked .......ok, the center diff. I have a brand new one from Jenny's RC. I take the truck inside and disassemble (this is where that Markhor top deck just blows to have). I shim the new diff and replace the fluid with 500k. As I'm putting the truck back together something catches my eye....

View attachment 25281

Take a look at where the CVD goes into the diff cup. WTF?!

View attachment 25283

That's a new one for me! It was actually hitting the a-arm pin and catching. So I replaced the whole CVD and reassembled the truck. I also swapped out the backflips for the Trenchers I run on my Kraton. I go out and test and I only heard a slight chatter once. But the Trenchers rub against the body :( I can't win.

Tomorrow I'm going to out the Backflips back on and running for a bit to check for the chatter and excessive motor temps. I have to tell you this truck has me baffled......
I know you are one to shim your difs, so do you think the gears were maybe too tight and caused the sun gear to fail? As far as the cvd is concerned, that looks like bad luck. Thankfully the damaged looks minimal in that area. Thanks for sharing though. The more we have to look out for, the better.

I know Mugen sells kits to replace pins
Screenshot_20181214-194701.png

I found my problem. I switched back to the original motor and it is back to normal. The Leopard motor is going out on me.

anything new on this Bicketybam I'm having the same exact problem with my talion only from a dead stop and has to be pinned 16t pinion on backflips also

anything new on this Bicketybam I'm having the same exact problem with my talion only from a dead stop and has to be pinned 16t pinion on backflips also

I haven't run it in a while. Too cold.

I haven't run it in a while. Too cold.

gotcha im going to slap a 4s battery in it and see if it still does it with less battery and go from there im hoping the esc and motor are fine i also cant factory reset my esc for some reason

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back