Mojave Need some ideas boys!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smotley

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So i have a Armma Mojave at the moment and as of late i built a 50 degree ramp....... which as we all know correlates to how much my wallet hurts due to broken parts from the moon launches.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: However- i geared up to the factory speed pinion and i need a better cooling system. I would really like to keep everything powered off the esc acessory port but im not exactly sure what that means. Any help is appreciated! Lemme see how yall cool your rigs!

So i have a Armma Mojave at the moment and as of late i built a 50 degree ramp....... which as we all know correlates to how much my wallet hurts due to broken parts from the moon launches.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: However- i geared up to the factory speed pinion and i need a better cooling system. I would really like to keep everything powered off the esc acessory port but im not exactly sure what that means. Any help is appreciated! Lemme see how yall cool your rigs!

I do not have that one but a Kraton EXB. You can try some of those Amazon aluminum fans and see how they work and power off your ESC (work great on some of my other items). In Memphis the summer heat, the humidity is a killer, and with the sun down at 9p in the summer it's still 98deg outside at night.

I needed fans that ran off a small 3S battery to keep my rigs from being thermal cut off during a bash. You could be different in your region.... heat here in the summer I had to take those off and upgrade. Mississippi delta does not play :)

What are your temps with the speed pinion?

Search for Rocket 35mm aluminium fan (21k RPM; twice the stock plastic fan). There are several brands, they all like the same and probably all are the same. You need to dremel of about 1or 2 mm from two sides to make it fit in the stock esc housing or just run it without the stock esc housing (in which case put some mesh over it to protect it from dirt).
I run mine directly from the esc connector, the same port as where the stock fan is powered from.

As for motor, get a heatsink for you motor size and replace the fans it comes with with Rocket fans as weel powered from the receiver (if you run two fans get an Y-splitter so you only need one channel/port from your receiver).

WARNING: those Rocket fans move a lot of air and are quite noisy; like drones flying inside your car😉.

Search for Rocket 35mm aluminium fan (21k RPM; twice the stock plastic fan). There are several brands, they all like the same and probably all are the same. You need to dremel of about 1or 2 mm from two sides to make it fit in the stock esc housing or just run it without the stock esc housing (in which case put some mesh over it to protect it from dirt).
I run mine directly from the esc connector, the same port as where the stock fan is powered from.

As for motor, get a heatsink for you motor size and replace the fans it comes with with Rocket fans as weel powered from the receiver (if you run two fans get an Y-splitter so you only need one channel/port from your receiver).

WARNING: those Rocket fans move a lot of air and are quite noisy; like drones flying inside your car😉.
No doubt! I slipped one under my Max8 cover and, oof, it's like a hovercraft now! 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back