Need some motor help gentlemen.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
So I have 2 motors that I can possible use in my Arrma 3s.

Motor 1 is this https://www.ebay.com/itm/274088897678 I didn't pay attention when I bought it that it only had a 1/8" shaft for the pinion.

Motor 2 is a this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/384031256487?hash=item596a0befa7:g:7p0AAOSwpJNgUOG6 it has a 5mm shaft.

Both motors need bearings, motor 1 the stock bearings crapped out after 1 pack and they are 5x11x5mm. Motor 2 uses 5x16x5mm bearings I have had it since 2016 but it still looks to be in good shape and still worked fine aside from sounding like complete poo. Bearings for both motors are the same price. I am leaning more towards motor 2 to be honest but idk if the age of the motor will have an effect on anything.

I have been contemplating just buying a completely different motor instead. Anything from RCJuice is out of the question since he keeps "accidentally" blocking me on his website and eBay and I'm sick of asking him to unblock me.
Maybe I'll just get a Max10 SCT Combo from Amain or something.

Last edited:
So I have 2 motors that I can possible use in my Arrma 3s.

Motor 1 is this https://www.ebay.com/itm/274088897678 I didn't pay attention when I bought it that it only had a 1/8" shaft for the pinion.

Motor 2 is a this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/384031256487?hash=item596a0befa7:g:7p0AAOSwpJNgUOG6 it has a 5mm shaft.

Both motors need bearings, motor 1 the stock bearings crapped out after 1 pack motor 2 I have had since 2016 but it still looks to be in good shape. Bearings for both motors are the same price. I am leaning more towards motor 2 to be honest but idk if the age of the motor will have an effect on anything.

I have been contemplating just buying a completely different motor instead. Anything from RCJuice is out of the question since he keep "accidentally" blocking me on his website and eBay and I'm sick of asking him to unblock me.
Maybe I'll just get a Max10 SCT Combo from Amain or something.
If it was me, I'd just get a stock motor. I wouldn't know what else to do. I know you want a better brand though. 🤷‍♂️

What did you do to get him to block you🤣

I have a Max10 SCT Combo just laying around and I am contemplating what to do with it. I temporarily installed it in a 4x4 slash and it was awesome 👏. I’m thinking about building a Senton from the ground up, but I’m running out of room to store my rigs. The wife will definitely give me the stink eye 👁

I run the max 10 in my big rock. It gets a lil hot with mx28’s and a 17 t pinion. I think I’d just go with a spectrum system out of a losi dB or laser nut if you can find a kit breaker

What did you do to get him to block you🤣
He keeps telling slick it was done by mistake and it seems like slick is now fed up lmao.
It's because someone with the same name as me "tried to scam him". I'm not going to go into the details about it but I refuse to do business with a man that thinks everyone is out to steal from him.

I have a Max10 SCT Combo just laying around and I am contemplating what to do with it. I temporarily installed it in a 4x4 slash and it was awesome 👏. I’m thinking about building a Senton from the ground up, but I’m running out of room to store my rigs. The wife will definitely give me the stink eye 👁
I'm out of room too. I need to make a shelf or something to put mine on.
If it was me, I'd just get a stock motor. I wouldn't know what else to do. I know you want a better brand though. 🤷‍♂️
No just want something different. The BLX and Spektrum motors are just rebranded Hobbywings.

Motor 2 lower kv is much needed. I use 4s motors on mine so they run a little cooler

Motor 2 lower kv is much needed. I use 4s motors on mine so they run a little cooler
The 5x16x5mm bearings on both ends is a nice touch as well, usually only see bearings that big in 1/8th scale motors.

-edit- I just realized I forgot to put the bearing sizes in post above.

Last edited:
Could be what helped it last 5 years :ROFLMAO:
I would have to say it didn't hurt it. Lots of heat is generated in bearings. I'm sure you know that. I would definitely say that is the motor you are looking for. Fresh bearings and she will be good for another 5 years lol

TRB RC hybrid ceramic motor bearings to the rescue.

On a side note it is amazing how much the price of that motor has gone up, pretty sure I paid like $20-22 for that same motor shipped from the US back in 2016.

Age of motor shouldn't matter. Bearings are the only items that age. Magnets get weaker but only if they run too hot. Other stuff will fail alongside with it. Keep in mind, the world is held together by motors and generators build in the 40's and 50's (or older) with no need to replace or improve.
You only have insulated copper and a case that doesn't corrode.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back