Granite Need some purchase advice please...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainGrumpus

Reaction score
So, cleaned up the ol’ golden arrow from 1987 and immediately caught the RC bug again after almost 30 years. After reading and YouTubing, Arrma is the clear choice for me. I was one click away from ordering the Granite 4x4 BLX 3s but then I started thinking about the Kraton 4S.

I’m gonna be basically backyard bashing. I thought the Granite plus a radio and servo upgrade would be enough to get me going but after watching all these Kraton vids I’m second guessing my purchase decision.

I’m gonna run either rig at 3S. If I get the Kraton, I’m gonna have to stick with the stock radio for now ?.

What do you all think? I already have the HRTC C150 charger, and I’ve already budgeted for Lipo’s. Now I’m down to just deciding on truck I should get. I’ve been looking at the Senton as well but I think a MT will be suit my driving conditions. Dirt, gravel and bashing around out in the woods.

Thanks in advance!

One more vote for the Granite it's a great small space basher and just altogether a tuff little truck. Use it if you outgrow it or just want to move onto something else it would also be good to hand over to family and friends (maybe on 2s or reduced power from the radio). The Senton is pretty tuff also (except the front bumper) but can be a mud, dirt, dust, gravel etc. magnet into the body and inside the chassis.

The Granite is a wheelie king, is that what you want to do. It can be controlled with throttle input, but by nature with a SWB it will wheelie alot. Its a tuff little truck that can be jumped, flipped, and stunts like a OC.

Kraton 4s will wheelie less with its longer wheelbase and will be easier to control, especially if you run 3s in it. It jumps and flies well in the air. Can't go wrong with either, just depends on your style and what you intend to do.

Thanks again guys..the Granite is on its way, along with 2 HRB 3S LiPo’s with EC5 connectors. I already have a HRTC C150 to charge them batts. I ordered a EC5 to banana plug so the C150 will charge it. Seems like the EC5 connector is the only thing not on the octopus that came with the C150.

I’ll update when it all comes in and take some pics of the new rig.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back