Limitless Need some schooling on reverse Pinion spur gearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is true. But it does also help put into perspective what is possible. Not for everyone, obviously. But it shows that ultra long stretches aren't necessarily needed for really high speeds. Personally, after participating in the 3S challenge, I think you actually need much longer stretches running low voltages as slow trigger pulls are even more critical. In addition to that, the tall gearing required for high speed 3S passes makes slowing down take a lot longer too.
In terms of power requirements: achieving the same speed on a shorter road, or higher speed on a shorter road will ultimately require faster acceleration. So in the end either more power, or else a better, more efficient use of power that's available (optimizing gearing, aero changes, friction and drag reduction, better quality batts/components, etc). I suspect that James' setup is much better tuned than most of us for extracting the max power possible for proper acceleration. Particularly given his stretch of road.

To increase overall power, aren't amps always going to be harder to extract than adding more volts? Not saying the answer is always volt up, but in the case of limiting voltage (especially lower voltages like for a 3s speed run) won't it always be somewhat of an exercise in overcoming those diminishing returns?

In terms of power requirements: achieving the same speed on a shorter road, or higher speed on a shorter road will ultimately require faster acceleration. So in the end either more power, or else a better, more efficient use of power that's available (optimizing gearing, aero changes, friction and drag reduction, better quality batts/components, etc). I suspect that James' setup is much better tuned than most of us for extracting the max power possible for proper acceleration. Particularly given his stretch of road.

To increase overall power, aren't amps always going to be harder to extract than adding more volts? Not saying the answer is always volt up, but in the case of limiting voltage (especially lower voltages like for a 3s speed run) won't it always be somewhat of an exercise in overcoming those diminishing returns?
Volting up will generally have the effect of lowering amps in keeping with Ohm's law. Of course gearing up will, again, start driving up amp draw. The whole thing is a bit of a balancing act. But the short answer, I think, is yes.

Does having a bigger pinion than your spur help reduce voltage drops and cut offs because the motor has to work less ?

What’s a good reverse gearing on a V2 limitless to achieve 130 ish on 6s without needing a country mile? 🤔

Thanks

I would start here:
31D6D87A-635A-4D83-8864-233D90349811.png

The 2.8:1 diffs require a long road to build up to speed. Switching the diffs to 3.308:1 (43/13) would help if you gear it appropriately.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back