Need suggestions for mounting new Proline body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oceanminded

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just bought a new Proline Brute Bash Body for my Kraton 6s V4.

https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/pre-cut-brute-bash-armor-white-body-kraton.asp

These bodies donot come pre-drilled anymore. Couple questions. So I don’t screw it up, what is the best method nowadays to mark the holes. Also, I just bought a Dremel tool. Instead of buying a body reamer is there a bit I can buy for the Dremel that will do the same thing. I also have a normal cordless drill.

Thanks

Just bought a new Proline Brute Bash Body for my Kraton 6s V4.

https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/pre-cut-brute-bash-armor-white-body-kraton.asp

These bodies donot come pre-drilled anymore. Couple questions. So I don’t screw it up, what is the best method nowadays to mark the holes. Also, I just bought a Dremel tool. Instead of buying a body reamer is there a bit I can buy for the Dremel that will do the same thing. I also have a normal cordless drill.

Thanks
Put a dab of grease on top of the body mounts and carefully set the body on top of the mounts. Drill your holes in the center of the grease spots. And I do not see why you couldn't use a normal drill and drill bit to make the body holes.

I set body on top of mounts when I have them in place an mark a spot with a sharpy,drill 1st hole small an set on top of post,if location looks good drill bigger till fits perfect.
0620201800_Film1.jpg

Put an led flash light inside so the post makes a shadow mark the end of the shadow with a sharpie and drill. You’ll want the rear holes oblong like your factory body. I also suggest to raise the body post up a hole to keep the body from hitting the shock towers due to the increased thickness

Thanks, how did you drill out holes to get oblong? Did you use a body reamer or step drill bit? I’ve also seen those magnet markers but that extra $$ to have to spend.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back