Need to rethread end of a Steel CVD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobalt172

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey guys, I have a CVD that is not accepting the grub screw that is supposed to secure the pin at the end, thus the pin slides out then snaps in half.

How can I rethread this hole at the end? Can I make it one Milimeter Larger and then rethread it? Ive never done this before so advice is appreciated! Picture attached.

CVD.jpg

itake it no tap and die set? what have had some success with when im stuck is cut grooves in threads of a grub screw so it looks similar to a tap and run that in the threaded hole several times works sometimes depends how bad threads are damaged. As far as drilling it they are usually hardened steel and almost impossible to drill

Chase the existing threads & i bet you’ll be fine
What does Chase the existing threads mean? I tried to shove the grub screw in really hard while trying to spin it to thread it and it wont go in...

are you sure you are trying the right size grub screw? the threads don't look damaged in the pic but hard to tell if they are damaged just use a Dremel with a pointed bit and just clean out the first thread in the cvd

What does Chase the existing threads mean? I tried to shove the grub screw in really hard while trying to spin it to thread it and it wont go in...

Google “how to chase threads with a tap”

Using force to mate small threaded parts is never a good idea. Chasing (ie cleaning) the existing threads with the correct size tap is all you need to do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back