Infraction Need your thoughts and opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flames77

Chasing down triple digits
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 3s
Ok guys I need your thoughts on a Hobbywing EZRun max5 Esc for the Infraction V2. Apparently the stock Esc can’t handle my 34/34 gearing setup. I did a couple passes and then no throttle. Yes I tried to rebind the transmitter and yes I tried to recalibrate the throttle. Nothing worked. So I want to upgrade the Esc to handle more amps. Thank you guys!

What he said^

34/34 gearing is usually only reserved for all out 135+ speed runs where it’s one....maybe 2 passes and done and that’s on a v1 infraction with less aggressive differential gearing. v2 infractions have 2.8 ratio diffs so you’re waaaaaay overgeared for stock electronics to the tune of (mathematically) 181mph on 6s

27/46 is about as aggressive as you’ll be able to get away with making a few full throttle speed runs on the stock system and that’s pushing it.

Are you sold on Hobbywing? If not, the Castle Mamba Monster X 8s is a better option in my opinion. What are your plans for the car?
No sir I am not. Just read about that one in other post and checked it out. Plan is to basically do some speed runs here and there, experimenting with different gearing. BUT for the most part just good ol drifting and such.
What he said^

34/34 gearing is usually only reserved for all out 135+ speed runs where it’s one....maybe 2 passes and done and that’s on a v1 infraction with less aggressive differential gearing. v2 infractions have 2.8 ratio diffs so you’re waaaaaay overgeared for stock electronics to the tune of (mathematically) 181mph on 6s

27/46 is about as aggressive as you’ll be able to get away with making a few full throttle speed runs on the stock system and that’s pushing it.
This is the very reason I love this site. Mr Duke thank you for your very informative reply. I’m a noob when it comes to the speed run thing, so I have just been experimenting with different gears. I previously ran 27/34 gearing and topped out at 93 before the Esc cut out. So I just thought I would try the 34/34. Hell thats the fun part. Trying different things!! But really I just want a Esc that can handle my different experiments. I’m not wanting to go all crazy but 100+ a lil bit would be cool. Anymore advice you have I am all ears. Thank you again!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back