Vorteks Needed - ESC and Parts for 2wd Vorteks BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sounDD

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have an older 2wd Vorteks BLX running 2S batteries I just purchased used and am in need of some parts and ESC since wires were torn away from my son hitting a mailbox. I am new to RC, car was working and have already upgraded to a Spektrum remote/receiver. I believe that I will need another ESC, screws and some suspension parts. Don’t want to put too much into this as it is older but would like it driveable if possible. Thanks and let me know what your thoughts are

17D48BCD-8865-417D-AB45-5F9281F28CAB.jpeg

339512F1-4A55-4EBA-8714-DDF42E990375.jpeg

BFA1813F-2BD9-4434-93BC-D56C240FE583.jpeg

Thanks a lot. I’ve been running 2S batteries but would like to get a 3s but not sure if the 3600kv motor will handle it or overheat?
Not familiar what spur the Vorteks has, if you run 3s might overheat motor/ ESC if your gearing is to high, also might start stripping gears.

Depends on how much funds you have availability maybe you should consider getting a 3s or even better 6s.

Last edited:
Not familiar what spur the Vorteks has, if you run 3s might overheat motor/ ESC if your gearing is to high, also might start stripping gears.

Depends on how much funds you have availability maybe you should consider getting a 3s or even betta 6s.
I need to see what gear is in it now. Looking into a Notorious 6s for my personal truck and fix up the Vorteks so my son can learn on that.

I need to see what gear is in it now. Looking into a Notorious 6s for my personal truck and fix up the Vorteks so my son can learn on that.
Good idea.

Only $480 for a noto on tower/HH till 7/6

Good idea.

Only $480 for a noto on tower/HH till 7/6
I just purchased one from amain and eager to get it early next week. How about a good place to find parts for the Vorteks? I checked on the forum, but couldn’t find much. Would be nice to have another one to learn on or someone that carries old parts

I just purchased one from amain and eager to get it early next week. How about a good place to find parts for the Vorteks? I checked on the forum, but couldn’t find much. Would be nice to have another one to learn on or someone that carries old parts
eBay is the best for old parts it seems like.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back