Neon or Glow In The Dark Paint For Cloudy Speedruns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Notorious
One of my favorite spots to speedrun also has a park about 2 miles down the perfect stretch of straight road I use, so normally during the week I can only get a handful of runs in after work when most people are done at the park. I have been toying with the idea of painting my limitless body's roof white then topping with glow in the dark paint to enhance visibility. I assume I could use some sort of RC led lights, but I already have so many wires its getting a bit chaotic. I've also had good luck using neon green duct tape in 6" strips on the front and top as well, but would rather not keep buying rolls of duct tape. Any ideas from anyone else finding some of their runs not being in the best lighting conditions would be greatly appreciated.

I haven’t tested this yet but I plan to run it on a small 3S LiPO. I also wired a switch so I can turn it on and off via the transmitter.
26E82667-0926-4421-BEF4-1DEA2C484097.jpeg

917A6CFD-C31D-4488-8656-5C30B68B2006.jpeg

28249887-0B9E-49A3-9BA6-BB036A552039.jpeg

I know you said you didn't want more wires but bruh.....
https://polocreations.com/products/...t-light-bar-taillights?variant=39504452616278

It's just so bright, I swear it's like my limitless has high beams lol.

Not gonna lie that does look really good. Famous last words of mine in this hobby are “one last pass” or “I’m not gonna buy that yet.” Looks like I’m getting wire sleeves off Amazon to store additional wires lol.
I haven’t tested this yet but I plan to run it on a small 3S LiPO. I also wired a switch so I can turn it on and off via the transmitter. View attachment 216885

View attachment 216886

View attachment 216887
That paint job is awesome. I think it’s probably way above my pre school art abilities though lol. That’s an awesome idea. I’ll have to follow your progress on it. Off the topic of paint jobs and lights how do you like the perfect pass? I’ve been on the fence about it. Looks good but wanted to get my throttle control better as a noob before I go electronic.

One of my favorite spots to speedrun also has a park about 2 miles down the perfect stretch of straight road I use, so normally during the week I can only get a handful of runs in after work when most people are done at the park. I have been toying with the idea of painting my limitless body's roof white then topping with glow in the dark paint to enhance visibility. I assume I could use some sort of RC led lights, but I already have so many wires its getting a bit chaotic. I've also had good luck using neon green duct tape in 6" strips on the front and top as well, but would rather not keep buying rolls of duct tape. Any ideas from anyone else finding some of their runs not being in the best lighting conditions would be greatly appreciated.
My daughter uses glow powder for her epoxy stuff. Got it off of Amazon. At some point I’m going to clear paint windows on a body, sprinkle the powder on and cover it with another coat of clear. Just for fun. Your post reminded me that I want to do that And who knows, maybe the idea will work for you🙃

My daughter uses glow powder for her epoxy stuff. Got it off of Amazon. At some point I’m going to clear paint windows on a body, sprinkle the powder on and cover it with another coat of clear. Just for fun. Your post reminded me that I want to do that And who knows, maybe the idea will work for you🙃
That’s a good idea too. I believe that stuff is really bright if you charge it with sunlight or UV light. I wonder if it’s paint soluble. If so perhaps mixing it with white paint and spraying it for like a glowly flaky white?? Not sure how that would work lol

That’s a good idea too. I believe that stuff is really bright if you charge it with sunlight or UV light. I wonder if it’s paint soluble. If so perhaps mixing it with white paint and spraying it for like a glowly flaky white?? Not sure how that would work lol
I was going to spray it with Tamyia clear sprinkle the powder on and then spray another coat over it. No idea if it’ll work or not. Probably not now that I think of it.

That paint job is awesome. I think it’s probably way above my pre school art abilities though lol. That’s an awesome idea. I’ll have to follow your progress on it. Off the topic of paint jobs and lights how do you like the perfect pass? I’ve been on the fence about it. Looks good but wanted to get my throttle control better as a noob before I go electronic.

Thanks man. And don’t be fooled, pre school art abilities are perfect for this paint job. All you do is dip a paint brush in some black lexan paint and start whipping the brush around on the clear body. You then just paint yellow over it, then back that color with white so the yellow pops.

Haven’t tried the Perfect Pass yet. I ran this car pretty much stock, hit 101mph, then tore it down for a rebuild. Haven’t had a chance to run it just yet.

At first I didn’t want to use the Perfect Pass so I could concentrate on throttle control, but between work and family I have very little time to actually run the car so when I do run it, I’d like to be as fast as possible.

Last edited:
Thanks man. And don’t be fooled, pre school art abilities are perfect for this paint job. All you do is dip a paint brush in some black lexan paint and start whipping the brush around on the clear body. You then just paint yellow over it, then back that color with white so the yellow pops.

Haven’t tried the Perfect Pass yet. I ran this car pretty much stock, hit 101mph, then tore it down for a rebuild. Haven’t had a chance to run it just yet.

At first I didn’t want to use the Perfect Pass so I could concentrate on throttle control, but between work and family I have very little time to actually run the car so when I do run it, I’d like to be as fast as possible.
Perfectly understandable. I didn't think it was that easy to make the body look like that. Fair enough. Thank you for the insight. I wish I pulled the trigger on the last perfect on amazon a few weeks ago. I was kind of on the fence, but it def is key to hitting the highest speed possible for sure. ETA on amazon is now mid June, so I guess I'll have a month or so to work on my throttle control lol.
I was going to spray it with Tamyia clear sprinkle the powder on and then spray another coat over it. No idea if it’ll work or not. Probably not now that I think of it.
I think it could. I believe if you were to leave it in a window or on a patio in direct sun. I also hear UV lights charge that glow stuff up decently too. I'd be interested in the results. I think it would def do something at least lol.

Perfectly understandable. I didn't think it was that easy to make the body look like that. Fair enough. Thank you for the insight. I wish I pulled the trigger on the last perfect on amazon a few weeks ago. I was kind of on the fence, but it def is key to hitting the highest speed possible for sure. ETA on amazon is now mid June, so I guess I'll have a month or so to work on my throttle control lol.

I think it could. I believe if you were to leave it in a window or on a patio in direct sun. I also hear UV lights charge that glow stuff up decently too. I'd be interested in the results. I think it would def do something at least lol.
I have a clear stock Vorteks body I was thinking of trying it on. I’ve got a dozen colors to play with lol. Yup UV light charges it well. I’ll probably try it. Worst case scenario it doesn’t work and I put black vinyl on the windows.

I will say that fluorescent paints are a bit harder to use then standard colors. The paint particles are a little larger. I’d describe it as dusty if that makes sense. You’ll have to do a lot of very lite coats for the paint to stick on the lexan. It’s easy, but you just have to be aware and remain patient.

Just picked up some $2 glow in the dark yellow paint at Walmart from their little art section. I let it charge under a desk light for about 30 min when I had dinner and it was glowing pretty bright in a dark bathroom. Going to paint the windows and top white then put a few coats of that on and charge it up outside and see how she glows.

Think I'm going to charge it under my LED aquarium lights setup to emulate ideal sunlight spectrums. Want to get at least 5-6 coats down and see how it looks outside. Other than my tragic artistic abilities it should work decently. The top of the body was already scraped clean of paint from a nasty GRP blow out that resulted in a 50 yard roof slide down the street, so I didn't even bother taping lines or making it super neat. Figure I'll be going the GT body route in the near future here. More than likely FC100.

So even though I did want to stay away from more wires and LEDs I couldn't pass up a set of blue LED lights with adhesive backing for $6 on amazon. Hooked them up to my fan battery with a switch so I can leave them off during the day. We shall see how they hold up to stones and such. Overall, with the glow in the dark yellow cabin paint, and neon green tape I was able to hit a new PB of 123mph with very minimal daylight left. There was a lot of traffic, so I only had time for 2 passes by the time everyone cleared out. Hopefully getting 125-130mph this week. Overall the car feels like its a lot more capable on the same gearing with these CNHL batteries (Thank you to @Edough13 for the discount code) and Raz PP. My GPS screen shot has like 12k Ft. on it because I would keep staging and people would be coming and going and I didn't feel like resetting the GPS over and over. I wish I had 12k Ft. to run the car.

limitless front.jpg

limitless rear.PNG

limitless side.jpg

123.PNG

Thank you. Batteries definitely are game changers. Think 130 is right on the horizon if I get a few good runs in.
Ya they make a big difference for sure. You running 8s or 6s? I just pulled a new 6s PB at 128mph today testing some adjustments I made before I start running 8s again.
Screenshot_20220524-114920_GNSS PA.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back