Neon or Glow In The Dark Paint For Cloudy Speedruns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya they make a big difference for sure. You running 8s or 6s? I just pulled a new 6s PB at 128mph today testing some adjustments I made before I start running 8s again.View attachment 219444
Damn that’s fast for 6s. Im running 8s atm. Wanna crack into the 100s in 6s too. Need to get better 6s packs first.

Damn that’s fast for 6s. Im running 8s atm. Wanna crack into the 100s in 6s too. Need to get better 6s packs first.
Thanks man definitely not bad with conservative gearing for 6s and just making a test pass. Hoping 8s will push another 20mph next pass I make🤞🏼

Thanks man definitely not bad with conservative gearing for 6s and just making a test pass. Hoping 8s will push another 20mph next pass I make🤞🏼
I always find its easier to start lower and work my way up. I'm at 32/34 right now and just hit a 129mph tonight on 8s which is a new PB. Think that's about all the speed that gearing has. Maybe 130mph. I had a blow out after the 3rd pass again, so I had to call it before I saw 130mph. Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to go the foams route, which means its time to buy a truer.

129.PNG

I always find its easier to start lower and work my way up. I'm at 32/34 right now and just hit a 129mph tonight on 8s which is a new PB. Think that's about all the speed that gearing has. Maybe 130mph. I had a blow out after the 3rd pass again, so I had to call it before I saw 130mph. Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to go the foams route, which means its time to buy a truer.

View attachment 219547
Ya I went to foams for 130+ and have been running them since. I run them as they are though I don't true them at all and haven't had any issues as of yet. I ran BSR purples last season and they held up amazing this year I'm running banana skinz and so far they've been all good.

Ya I went to foams for 130+ and have been running them since. I run them as they are though I don't true them at all and haven't had any issues as of yet. I ran BSR purples last season and they held up amazing this year I'm running banana skinz and so far they've been all good.
Good to know. I'm gonna order a set now. Can't deal with the GRP uncertainty even though I love the way they drive. Assuming you do balance them like you would a GRP tire or do you literally just throw them on your car out of the package?

Good to know. I'm gonna order a set now. Can't deal with the GRP uncertainty even though I love the way they drive. Assuming you do balance them like you would a GRP tire or do you literally just throw them on your car out of the package?
Ya I balance them just like any tire but in my experience foams need very little balancing compared to the old GRP's.

Another little update with the lighting. I added another light for the front so I can ditch the obnoxious neon green tape I was using for visibility. Going to attempt a few passes tonight assuming traffic isn’t bad. Also testing the PP carbon driveshafts I just installed. Hopefully everything goes smooth.

D55023B1-DE8A-475D-8926-236E7698E68E.jpeg

C7718BFA-08D3-42F5-8ED0-CA2C1B4E4E65.jpeg

Another little update with the lighting. I added another light for the front so I can ditch the obnoxious neon green tape I was using for visibility. Going to attempt a few passes tonight assuming traffic isn’t bad. Also testing the PP carbon driveshafts I just installed. Hopefully everything goes smooth.

View attachment 221815

View attachment 221816
The PP CF drive shafts are 🔥 . Their concentricity is second to none. I think you'll like them :)

The PP CF drive shafts are 🔥 . Their concentricity is second to none. I think you'll like them :)
They look gorgeous that’s for sure. I did throw a 4s pack in and cruised down my road. Honestly no more than 15 or so since I have like 50 yards before speed bumps and they def sound weird. Gonna look the car over before I run it after rush hour, but something definitely sounds off.

Just got back from making a few passes on the new PP drive shafts. They definitely feel much smoother and linear than the stock ones. I am having a reoccurring issue where the grub screws on my spool keep backing out after I make a pass leaving the car immobilized. I used a red locktite this time and it still came loose or severed it. Just got in and haven't gotten the spool out yet. This issue only started once I got to 130 and above. Any help figuring it out would be greatly appreciated

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back