Nerd humor. Yup.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
My wife works in upper level IT for the veteran administration. They are moving everything up to their own private secured cloud, so things are interesting right now. She works 100% from home and when I am wrecked and in bed, like yesterday because I had 20 steroid shots in my neck and back, I get to listen to the… different kind of humor from what I’m used to. My wife and I are polar opposites in many ways and completely the same where it counts so it’s interesting at times.

Question from someone in the meeting:
“Can we connect the new private cloud sector to my private cloud to be able to work easier off location?”

Response from management:
“Absolutely not. That would be an RGE.”

“RGE?!? Oh, ok I totally understand.

My wife was cracking up and several other people in the meeting were as well. So after she was done I asked her what the hell is RGE?

“Resume Generating Event. Which means they need to start generating résumés because they are fired with prejudice immediately. It’s IT humor honey.”

“Oh.”

And it finally clicked so I started cracking up. I’ve been in real estate 28 years, mostly property management so I have very little concept of how things are really run in corporate big business and government. It is extremely interesting and illuminating at times. It is extremely boring and stupid at other times.

Depending on my mood I sometimes write "WC" to a remark. Usually the question pops up what a toilet has to do with the remark. FYI, WC (water closet) is common here to use instead of toilet.
I then tell them I didn't mean toilet but "Who Cares". :D

Depending on my mood I sometimes write "WC" to a remark. Usually the question pops up what a toilet has to do with the remark. FYI, WC (water closet) is common here to use instead of toilet.
I then tell them I didn't mean toilet but "Who Cares". :D
Where do you live? I like to hear what different places call different things.

I am in Manufacturing as an Reliability/Maintenance Engineer and when I sit in the morning meetings with the Manufacturing/Process Engineers they have laughing fits over the dumbest thing, laughing like school girls and I'm often twiddling my thumbs wondering what is so funny. They are quite the nerdy group.

In the South of the Netherlands, a country in Europe with a whopping 17million inhabitants😂.
Nice! Post a few pics of your local scenery. I’m in south central Texas myself.

office space GIF

Set up a zoom and let's make it happen.

I'll tell you UDP jokes all night. I don't care if you get them or not.
Ok my wife explained UDP and nope! 😂 that’s great man just friggin’ great!

I want to send you TCP jokes, but you haven't yet acknowledged me.
Okay, you are acknowledged. Send away so my wife can laugh and explain while I cringe 🙃
Hell everyone’s acknowledged. My wife is loving this 😊

Think my wife’s enjoying exposing all these weird anacronyms to me.
Carries contribution to the shenanigans. She’s cracking up sending this to me and I’m…faking it 😆

Attachments

• 65636BAD-B0A7-4D1E-A949-33030D32A379.jpeg
    65636BAD-B0A7-4D1E-A949-33030D32A379.jpeg
    190.4 KB · Views: 34
My wife wanted a bird book so we stopped by the bookstore over the weekend. It’s a bit…different, (like my wife), but still informative 😂

C46EF720-DF9D-46A4-AEE1-F4854A1D2808.jpeg

5849FB8F-7D89-450D-BE3E-2A37AD56F230.jpeg

3092C37B-F6D2-4567-A6DE-6CCBC698C915.jpeg

4682C9AA-18F3-45B3-A6BA-DEB5978A65A2.jpeg

4B23B7AD-4078-46C5-A7E6-BB03D85C3042.jpeg

631C3036-A8E3-4464-8C61-B0B8BC786DFC.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back