Nero accelerated on its own

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David941

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
I drove my Nero the other day, then drove it over to the garage door when I was done.
I picked it up by the rear and it started accelerating. Probably half speed (6s)
It was also turning side to side. I looked at the transmitter and the red light was blinking. It wouldn't respond to any input.
I turned the transmitter off, then it stopped spinning. Turned it back on, then seconds later started the same thing again.

Ideas?

I drove my Nero the other day, then drove it over to the garage door when I was done.
I picked it up by the rear and it started accelerating. Probably half speed (6s)
It was also turning side to side. I looked at the transmitter and the red light was blinking. It wouldn't respond to any input.
I turned the transmitter off, then it stopped spinning. Turned it back on, then seconds later started the same thing again.

Ideas?
Check charge on your batteries

Check your motor wires, mine rubbed through on the shocks and caused mine to go wide open.

Ideas?

strange how it happened only after you picked it up...you go through any water?

if none of the other suggestions work...rebind remote and reciever...after that...ghosts could be the only remaining explanation....sell it quick...

strange how it happened only after you picked it up...you go through any water?

if none of the other suggestions work...rebind remote and reciever...after that...ghosts could be the only remaining explanation....sell it quick...

I did go through water, about 3 inches in a ditch (lost control)
Why would that do it? Water in motor? Servo? ESC?

I did go through water, about 3 inches in a ditch (lost control)
Why would that do it? Water in motor? Servo? ESC?

i was wondering on the possibility that despite being water proof...water may have gotten someplace it shouldnt..and when you picked it up..tipping the car..the water leaked or contacted something...shorting it out..in either ESC or receiver or perhaps a bit of both....maybe just in reciver since your front wheels were turning left and right...that would be an input control...soooo something is up with the resiever....hmmmmmm...

typically when electronics get wet they do fine as long as no power is sent or haven't released any magic genie smoke and they dry out...maybe you could try opening up the reciever waterproof box and let things dry out a bit...

you got any other rc cars to steal the reciever off of and do a quick check?..

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back