Nero after 5mn on 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aboulafia

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hi,
I was so happy to try my lipo 6s on my mostly brand new Nero.
After less than 5 mn one tire exploded.
Off course, i have no spare.
It exploded at the middle. It's probably because they ballonning too much on 6s. I'm pretty sure this not happen on 4s.
I didn't want to unglued the stock tire to put duck tape inside, this is the result.
I was hard to unglue the tire. Boiling and air gun to unglued it to not damage the rim too much.
Any suggestion about tires replacement or improvement for Nero tire ?
There is somebody here who mount and glue this giant tire himself ?

Attachments

• nero1.jpg
    nero1.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Oven 350* for 20 mins. Cook my wheels off all the time. Wear 2 oven mits,, wheels will be HOT. Apply pressure around the bead, it will pop off. I ussally cook 2 at a time

i am sorry about an i feel with you.
I run my Big Rock mostly on 4s with the small gear Offroad.
6s is mostly to much.

Regards,
lonee

i am sorry about an i feel with you.
I run my Big Rock mostly on 4s with the small gear Offroad.
6s is mostly to much.

Regards,
lonee
I always glue my sets assembled or not. I find the backflips too work best for my Nero & fazon hands down....

Sure, if you like to do backflips, so 6s is recommended.
In case of Offroad driving and do light jumps, so 4s was enough for me.
A Big Rock ist normally not the car to do backflips out of the stand, therefore is the Outcast the favorite! :)
By the way, suggest you're colleagues to keep out of the way with lightweight 1:10 cars.
I shredded one of my colleagues car wich comes in my lane an it was to late to brake.... ;-)
It was 7Kg against 1,8Kg and i won.......

Regards,
lonee

Oven 350* for 20 mins. Cook my wheels off all the time. Wear 2 oven mits,, wheels will be HOT. Apply pressure around the bead, it will pop off. I ussally cook 2 at a time

I will try and I found an idea. I will try too to put them in my pressure cooker and leave in the vapor for 10 mn. I will see.

In case of Offroad driving and do light jumps, so 4s was enough for me.
I feel the Nero a little slow on 4s if I run my buggy before.
Normally on 6s you schould have more autonomy with the same battery capacity.

i am living in the western part of Germany and we have not so much "playground" here in my area. So our tracks are much smaller then in the other parts of Germany.
Speed is not needed so often, for me it is better to find better tires which have a little more grip than the stock ones.
6s in my case just make sure that you will have more mud spots on you're face and clothes! :)
We mostly drive on dirt an grass ans sometimes mud, so that our cars need a shower when we back home.
...Sometimes or better mostly we too!.. ;-)

Regards,
lonee

I know that Arrma should have waterproof (or probably water resistant) electronic on board. Did you have issue when you run on mud ? What tire are you using, I'm interesting.
Regards.

@Aboulafia
No issue till yet. This morning we had snow here, but i could drive outside just after work.
The Big Rock was totally wet, but nothing happens with. All functions normal.
After driving i putted the car on the floor with some newspapers below and after a while I made maintenance (oiling).
Just the runtime is reduced depends the temperatures an LiPo..
On Sunday the Big Rock was so dirty, that I've put him below a shower in the cellar...
Same thing what you will find in some kitchens to clean roughly.
First with Body, then from below. Ok, i take care that not so many water reaches the electronic parts.

The tires are the originals from the Big Rock, but they are not so strong in mud! ;-)
I had seen some nice tires at my dealer, but there was only one pair.
At least Ive seen wheels from a 1:5 HPI... maybe an option but I have to make me an adapter for it.
Will see what happens in future and which wheel will cross my way! ;-)

Regards,
lonee

Do not worry, if you are afraid that water will damage you´re electronic, so buy plasiti dip and cover you´re circuit boards.
I use this kind of cover for the most of my boats. If you had covered the boards carefully, so mostly the battery will just die under water.

Regards,
lonee

no, i put the plasti dip direct on the circuit boards with a small paint brush.
My dip was not a spray, it was in a glass bottle.
But it is just possible when you can discover the boards out of its cover like opening the servo, rx or esc.
At my time with Powerboats I could not get waterproof RC-Parts, so i found the way with the dip.
But you can also waterproofing a non proof servo from outside but you have that you also make something with the axle like O-Ring or dip and silicone to prevent a blocking.
At the moment i did not modified any parts on the Big Rock and I often used a shower to clean it up.
Some screws are getting rusty but no issues with the electronics till yet.

Regards,
lonee

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back