Nero and the gens-ace-r-spam mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

archcsr

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
So, just a quick story about battery choice for the Nero. I went with the gensacearespammers 3S 7000mah hard packs for this beast and found that those beautifully engineered battery compartments were just a bit too tight for these big packs. The battery ports were only about 3/32" too narrow for these batteries and even though the cages to flex somewhat, they just couldn't hold the hard packs. I wanted the punch that these batteries provide so I had to do some surgery. Not wanting to mess about with the visible side of the battery bays, I removed them from the truck and, using a good Olfa blade, cut off much of the inside cage of the battery tray. Fortunately, none of the support holes that hold the tray onto the truck's frame were removed in the process so structurally, the battery bays are sound. After clamping the batteries in and putting them back on, It looks as good as if I had never had to cut it. Just goes to show, where there's a will, there's a way.

Hopefully these are somewhat informative.

20170628_211805[1].jpg

20170628_211743[1].jpg

20170628_211846[1].jpg

20170628_212521[1].jpg

Ah, OK,... Do you use a heat shrink around the Lipo to prevent them? Now the Lipps are very tight to the aluminium frame of the Nero.
I guess that in case of a hard landing the cover of the Lipo can be damaged.
But mainly a good Idea.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back