Nero, as a Scale Trail running Monster Truck...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUILTLIGHTWOUNDTIGHT

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
After taking the Nero out for a painstakingly slow crawl, I have found that it's very impressive at slow to crawl speeds. I am going to narrow it up some so it will fit into tighter areas, like a Scale Trail truck. I went out for my first crawl session without the snow. I have to say this NERO IS MY FAVORITE RC MONSTER TRUCK NOW!!!!!! It's totally AWESOME!!! It will crawl most impressively, and go straight into pizza cutting mode. With a little pull of the trigger I am looking into gearing it down and adding a much taller set of tires. Wanting to test 4S & of course 6S, as a Scale Trail running truck. I will post up the tire wheel ides, I'm looking at ;)

rc4z-t0109_1024x1024.jpeg Was originally going to test these but I will need to upgrade the servo. So I will run a little smaller and way more narrow set of RC4WD tires with the same wheels.

Screenshot_2017-04-14-12-15-48.png

Attachments

• rc4c2186.jpg
    rc4c2186.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 35
I have a Big Rock and I have been thinking about going with these...

Tires: RC4WD Mickey Thompson 40 Series 3.8" Baja MTZ Scale Tires
Wheels: Axial 8 Spoke Beadlock Wheels (Black Chrome)

But I live in Southern California so my truck has never seen the snow, just asphalt, grass and dirt.

Z-T0125-1.jpg

AX8046-1.jpg

Thinking that I wanna test the Canyon At tires first. After doing some thinking about the weight of the RC4WD setup. I think the Summit tires will be awesome and should also hold up to some 6S bursts ;)

I have the canyons on mine and rc4wd 40 series Mudslingers. IMO the canyon actually crawl pretty well being so soft. They really stick where some other tires don't which is why they worked so well on my Summit. That being said, expect to pop them or blow them off the rims depending on beadlocks/glue during 6s bursts. If you tape them up stiff to hold up then you lose a lot of the reasons they work so well. Now the Mudslingers are handling everything I have thrown at them. They do balloon on 6s but haven't popped or came off. They are pretty stiff so they aren't perfect for all crawling situations but hold up well. Finding that balance is the problem. If you can control yourself to not blasting at 50 or 60mph the soft tires like canyons work great if you need a really good all around bash, speed, crawl and look like a monster then I love my Mudslingers. And for speed I haven't seen more durable than the belted crushers although don't go everywhere the others go. I tend to run my Mudslingers most on a castle 16tooth hardened Mod 1 and actually have the others to swap out if I know I'm doing only crawling or only speed and usually going to change the pinion and wheels at the same time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back