Nero bearing kit Discussion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey @FastEddy. I installed your bearing kit for the Nero and have two issues. It is missing servo saver bearings and there is now slop in the wheels hub. driveshaft can move in and out inside the hub. put the stock bearings back in and took the slop out.

Sorry for the delay but I needed to research this before getting back to you.

1) Yes, we did not include the servo saver bearings. It was not on the list of bearings needed we got direct from Arrma. They have now been added to the kit and the price has been adjusted to reflect the 2 additional bearings.

2) Slop in the shafts. Honestly don't have a clue and need help from you guys to figure it out. We do not have this rig in stock to test.
So far on our end we have checked the bearing sizes in the manual against what we have in the kit. Should be 8X16X5 and 12X18X4. We checked to make sure our bearings that are in the kit match these sizes in width and they do.

A) Can we get help measuring the ORIGINAL bearing width to make sure the Arrma published width is the same.
B) Will someone that got our kit please measure the bearings WE SENT to make sure the width is the same as the factory.

Thanks,
-Ed

Thank you, you guys are awesome. It is the inner hub bearing that is causing the problem.
12X18X4. the inner diameter is slightly off causing the shaft to be able to wiggle on the inside of the hub. I will mesure it precisely at work in the morning.

Thank you, you guys are awesome. It is the inner hub bearing that is causing the problem.
12X18X4. the inner diameter is slightly off causing the shaft to be able to wiggle on the inside of the hub. I will measure it precisely at work in the morning.
If you still have the ORIGINAL as well as the ones we sent a measurement on both will be helpful.
Thanks,
-Ed

Sorry for the bad photos. the stock cannot be angled while on the shaft. your bearing can be tilted slightly while pushed all the way back.

Attachments

• CAM00581.jpg
    CAM00581.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 65
  • CAM00583.jpg
    CAM00583.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 66
We have added 2 more additional bearings to the Nero Kit.
(Thank you forum members)
The Servo saver Bearings in the kits but they now are shipping with all new kits ordered.

Here is a list of whats now included in the Nero Bearing kit.
Arrma Nero Sealed Bearing Set

• (8) 5x11x4
  • (2) 6x19x6
  • (2) 7x19x6
  • (2) 7x22x7
  • (6) 8x16x5
  • (8) 9x17x5
  • (4) 12x18x4
  • (2) 6X11X4

I am first thing in the morning. I have one at work. Will report back. Thank you again Fast Eddy Bearings.

Stock I.D. - 11.9 mm

Fast Eddy I.D. - 12.00 (Right on the money)

Crazy how that small of a difference can get translated into so much movement in the wheels. All four corners measure out the same.

Any ideas fast eddy? More people from our arrma facebook group are also having the issue. Everyone who bought avid/boca are fine.

@FastEddy I thought i was buying a complete kit?
So now i have to buy the servo saver bearings separate?

Has the wheel slop issue been addressed in the kit? I'm looking for a sealed upgrade soon, winter is coming!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back