(NERO BIG ROCK) Can anyone help me with my nero big rock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SheaDog05

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
I've had a problem with my nero big rock since day one with my diff servo, I went onto the discord and asked around and they told me to post here. So my rear diff is making a high pitched hissing sound when engaged and the rear diff won't lock. I took the rear diff apart to see if anything was wrong, nothing was off. I engaged the servo and no noise occured, even the diff locked. However, when I put the thing back together, the problem returned. If you want to add me on discord, I can send you a video of the problem.
Thank you for your time

I've had a problem with my nero big rock since day one with my diff servo, I went onto the discord and asked around and they told me to post here. So my rear diff is making a high pitched hissing sound when engaged and the rear diff won't lock. I took the rear diff apart to see if anything was wrong, nothing was off. I engaged the servo and no noise occured, even the diff locked. However, when I put the thing back together, the problem returned. If you want to add me on discord, I can send you a video of the problem.
Thank you for your time
You can post youtube links here

Do you think that debris has gotten into the diff? Or something else, I'll have to open the diff up again anyway.

Did you take apart the diff to examine?

Plastic? The diffs in the Neros are all metal, including the housing.
No, the gears in the differential servos are plastic. I'm not sure about the steering servo, probably metal, I'm not having an issue with that though.

This has happened to my br because of changing the diff brain settings whilst at a decent speed,its best to change at a slow crawl so it locks into place easily,if u stop and it's not lined up its puts the servo under too much stress trying to line up something what's not there,same at speed,best to get another and refit they're not expensive,hope my ramble helps.

This has happened to my br because of changing the diff brain settings whilst at a decent speed,its best to change at a slow crawl so it locks into place easily,if u stop and it's not lined up its puts the servo under too much stress trying to line up something what's not there,same at speed,best to get another and refit they're not expensive,hope my ramble helps.
This how I lock/unlock my diffs as well, at a very slow crawl. Been working flawlessly so far.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back