Big Rock Nero Big Rock center diff with 500k oil AND diff brain?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay81

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
Hey Nero owners,

has anyone tried filling the diffs with diff oil but leave the locker mechanism in? I have found one functioning diff brain servo in my parts bin and wonder if I should try that for the center (all lockers were removed previously).
I am not sure if I saw an O-ring in the diffs and want to avoid a possibly foreseeable mess...

Any input would be appreciated!

Hey Nero owners,

has anyone tried filling the diffs with diff oil but leave the locker mechanism in? I have found one functioning diff brain servo in my parts bin and wonder if I should try that for the center (all lockers were removed previously).
I am not sure if I saw an O-ring in the diffs and want to avoid a possibly foreseeable mess...

Any input would be appreciated!
There are o rings and grease is recommended.😉

Quick update on this, I have filled the diffs and put the servos back in, I haven´t run the truck yet but the center (500k) and front (50k) seem to hold the fluid just fine so far ,the rear (30k) is leaking. Seems it´s a matter of viscosity, OR I didn´t manage to put the large O-ring back properly into it´s groove. Diff lock also still work. although there is an audible "sticky" sound in the front when locking/unlocking.

Also, destroyed another servo whilst trying to set end-points.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back