Big Rock Nero Big Rock for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuzboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
Felony prefix for show only. So theres a local guy on marketplace that has a brand new in box Nero big rock for sale for 800$. Is it worth it? I don't really remember the big rock back then. I knew about arrma when they released the 3S BLX 4x4 granite. Were the older trucks with the “diff brain” any good? Were they functional?

I have 2 Neros. I have been bashing my non diff brain model and even it's a fun rig for sure. Still haven't run the second one so I cant say. 800 seems like a decent price on a unused NIB Bigrock to me. I spent that much for my diff brain rig with a brand new body and a few accessories shipped. Is it worth it? If you want a shelf queen that's getting difficult to find parts for ( especially the diff brain electronics) and bodies, then you may be okay. If you want to run it, I'm sure there's better 6s rigs out there for the money.
...And there's a forum here that's specific for Nero. Look up the "discontinued models" forum. There's some good info on these rigs.

Felony prefix for show only. So theres a local guy on marketplace that has a brand new in box Nero big rock for sale for 800$. Is it worth it? I don't really remember the big rock back then. I knew about arrma when they released the 3S BLX 4x4 granite. Were the older trucks with the “diff brain” any good? Were they functional?
Grab it. I sold my NIB Nero Big Rock for $875.00 + shipping. Still regret selling it!

Anybody care to explain why the nero big rock is so special?

It's a literal beast. Lay down suspension, bulkhead chassis design, remote locking differentials; center,front, and rear, grey/titanium anodized components ( shock bodies and axles), longer shock travel, and beefier ball ends. This is a Nero and even it looks like a bad mofo without a body. ...and fairly rare.
20211124_202617.jpg

Last edited:
I’d love to have one. Keep in mind though it’s discontinued, all bought back from stores so if it breaks no parts.

It just is.
I can’t justify spending 800$ on a truck that’s discontinued, can’t get parts for, and will feel bad to run it because “it just is”. Looks like a cool design but even if i could get parts for it, it looks like a NIGHTMARE to work on. Looks like i have to do surgery to replace a pinion lol. I don't get why they cant just bring it back into production and tell Traxxas to f**k themselves. I messaged the guy and asked what his bottom dollar is and he told me if i don't know what the truck is then don't waste his time 😂

The NBR6s was the most expensive of the Nero platform. It had all the heavy duty parts that the original Nero and Fazon did not. These parts were the constant velocity axles, u-joints, and shock rod ends. It also had a body that fits snugly and completely over the bumpers, and a higher center roll hoop to protect the cab of the taller body. Those bumpers were finished in the same gun metal grey color as the drive shafts, shocks, TVPs, and wheels. Hope this helps.
I’d love to have one. Keep in mind though it’s discontinued, all bought back from stores so if it breaks no parts.
Most of the parts are still readily available from Horizon/Tower, Amain, Amazon, and Ebay.

Last edited:
I can’t justify spending 800$ on a truck that’s discontinued, can’t get parts for, and will feel bad to run it because “it just is”. Looks like a cool design but even if i could get parts for it, it looks like a NIGHTMARE to work on. Looks like i have to do surgery to replace a pinion lol. I don't get why they cant just bring it back into production and tell Traxxas to f**k themselves. I messaged the guy and asked what his bottom dollar is and he told me if i don't know what the truck is then don't waste his time 😂
I'd say go for it, since you already have a couple of other rigs for hardcore bashing. If it really is new in the box, then $800 is worth it imo. I still run mine regularly, mostly on grass. After wrenching on it a couple of times, it's not that bad, but not easy either. Once you take it out of the box and see it, you won't regret buying it.

It wont let me post a link im not sure why. My thing is, is this going to be a purchase where I run it and i feel bad or is this a purchase where I buy it and put it on a shelf to look at for bragging rights?
Also, is the diff brain a bad thing? Someone mentioned reliability.

It wont let me post a link im not sure why. My thing is, is this going to be a purchase where I run it and i feel bad or is this a purchase where I buy it and put it on a shelf to look at for bragging rights?
Also, is the diff brain a bad thing? Someone mentioned reliability.
I can't answer those 1st 2 questions for you. No 2 people are the same, and what some folks may look as an investment to shelf others may look at as an investment in fun, to use. All I know is, after I ran my non diff brain Nero I couldn't keep my hands off it. I get so much satisfaction seeing it rip and jump compared to my 1/10th rigs. I do small jumps onto hard surfaces and bigger air on turf. Mostly I run mine on the turf though. If the diff brain fails, which isn't a common thing, you can find ways around it and set up the rig for your driving style. Granted I have two and am currently running the lesser equipped version so I'm not concerned with value depreciation or preservation since one is shelved...( for now).
Personally, I'd buy it. 800 for a NIB Nero BigRock is cheap compared to the used stuff out there that has been bastardised, lacks a body (<-- not necessary though), and said to be "lightly used" but has rust and grime throughout it ...loved but not really cared for.

It is a blessing and a curse. The diff locking technology is really cool but if you do high speed with the diffs locked the axles will break.
Not true, drive pin will break. The weakest part of the drive train is the pin. Think it’s made by design to protect the rest of the drive system. Why I know? Because I have one and bashed the hell out of it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back