Nero blast mode help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donp

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Typhon 6s
I have the green nero and upgraded it to diff brain before y 1st run,I broke a wheel snow drifting on the 2nd run. Got it fixed and got to run it today and noticed in blast mode the front wheels seem to bite harder than the rear unless the center diff is locked. Anyone else expierienced this?

I have the green nero and upgraded it to diff brain before y 1st run,I broke a wheel snow drifting on the 2nd run. Got it fixed and got to run it today and noticed in blast mode the front wheels seem to bite harder than the rear unless the center diff is locked. Anyone else expierienced this?

bite harder as in sends more power to the front wheels in blast mode...then yes...that happens...

mmhmm, not really bite harder.. In the moment when you throttle forward, the rear wheels get more pressure and the front wheels will getting less grip to the ground. Therefore that the middle diff is not locked, the force of the motor will go to the front wheels.
Thats the most reason for popping tires, by the way....
Drift mode is locked middle and rear diff...

Regards,
lonee

Thanks for the input, my slash 4x4 used to put most power to the rear wheels and after I upgraded to their center doff minus the slipper the power evened out.

Yea, we could not have all together. On my 1:10 Onroad 4wd i do also not have a center diff. One of the negative points was pushing over the front in the curve because of ball diffs. So I made a change ... i don't know the english word for that, it its a kind of needle bearing which will locked by itself if you change the rotation direction. In German we call it sometimes "Freilauflager".
The effect is that the outside wheel can rotate faster than the inner wheel but when the grip is off, the wheel will get in the same time force from the drivetrain. Also you have a better control in the curve. As you know, all good things are include a bad point.
In case of my mod, you will have no break force on the front wheels....

In case of your Traxxas.. putt a little thicker oil, or when it is not enough stiff grease into you're diff.

Yes, I believe you are describing a one way differential. Always wanted to covert my sprint 2 flux to drift but never did. I use wheel bearing grease in my slash 4x4 and 2wd electrics. The ball diff wore out on my sons sc10 and was replaced by standard diff with wheel bearing grease and does ok. We mainly run on grass and it does help.

I have this ball diffs just in my 1:10 onroad cars. In all of my offroads are normal spider diffs.
And yes, I remember that one description of these kind of needle bearing was "one way clutch"!
In case that a ball diff will worn out, in the most cases the balls are the main reason.
Also it could be that there was not enough pressure on the plates.

Regards,
lonee

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back