Nero blues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So many bad things about this nero. Mine is on the way. poop if it is wasted money. I can hear if i can send it back to Germany. What is a good truck?

This truck is an awesome truck. There are a lot of awesome trucks. My limited experience is it's usually my fault. They have limits. I think about how many failures there would be if this were an actual truck pushing these extremes. These guys perform way better.

Yeah ive heard installing a kill switch in the losi is a must. Shame they don't address all these problems b4 they release these very expensive toys.

But now it is ordered and i will test this truck. I am not a extreme basher. Not like youtube videos jumping 10m. No no maybe 1m. Small fun drive with my 9 years old douther. I will post the problems in this forum and yes the good sides to. Maybe i do the mods to be safe. But i hope it holds the water and snow. Now we have alot of white nice cold snow. Happy bashing boy and girls.

?? So many bad things?... No. the Nero is awesome! I have my Big Rock now since end November 2016.
The one thing was where broken are an body retainer. But that was my fault.
I drive on 4 and 6s without issues like above. I think it will have to do how you drive this car.
You have to think about that you are smashing a 7Kg car thru the air while jumping.
If you have a bad control and the car will "landing" on it´s nose with 60Km/h..... Who will wondering that something will break?
It ist not an 1:10 lightweight which can fly if it is high enough ;)

If you are a little careful with you're throttle finger at the beginning (maybe also 4s) and think first before you lock all diffs on high grip, you will have a lot of fun without breakage. The most damagings are occurs while jumping and crashing in something.
Do you order an normal Nero (blue / green) or Big Rock / Fazon?

Thanks for that. Yes i will try it little slow and learn throttle management. One dude in Finland likes this BR nero. Bashing on snow with sling shot tires.

Iv got the nero blue with diff brain havnt had a big crash yet but a few rough landings of jumps. Havnt jumped any higher than bout half a meeter but its a bit front heavy and tends to nose dive even with full throttle in air. Gonna try adding a bit of weight to arse end see what happens just spewing it dosnt fly as well as the granite perfect balance in the air. For the dollars nero should be better out of the box. All im sayin

You can work an the balance with the position of the battery if them are short enough.
With 6s and a little more stiff grease into the diffs, you will also have a little better control in the air with less ballooning.
Also you can make the suspension a little softer that the back don't get a push while starting the jump..
But ever think abut that you are driving a 6Kg Monstertruck and it´s not a lightweight buggy.

Btw. the Nero blue have a better balance than the BR out of the box, because the body of the BR is much heavier.
Iv you compare the Nero family to other brands, you will realize that others have also problems.
Otherwise, for example, you do not will get so many parts from RPM for Traxxas and other brands.
OK, the car is not cheap and some issues should not occur, but for a new design the Neros are really not bad.
I also have to work hard for my money and a Nero costs a lot of them but I do not regret that I had buy the Big Rock instead the E-Revo or the Summit.
You will never get an 6Kg bulletproof RC-Car for the price of a Nero.

On my green NERO after I upgraded the rocker posts to Traxxas REVO and shoo-goo/drywall/rubber spray the body it's been pretty reliable. I installed the wheely-bar, works well and waiting for the dirt shields to get off back order. The truck likes to plow through jumps sometInes, but it has shown to be fairly durable. It's big, fast, handles well and turns with plenty of authority for a truck with a stock servo.

For the weight of this beast, I find it very durable. The other day I sent it into at least 20 cartwheels down a hill over 50 feet into a tree. Could have sworn something was broken. Drove it right back to me no issue. For the weight of this thing I was impressed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back