Nero blues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cammas

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Nero
Ive got the blues, i just bought a nero and have had nothing but problems. Problem number 1 first drive water got into reciever and fried it. Prob number 2 still firsr drive center diff broke no power to back left wheel, prob number 3 still first drive left rear shock leaking oil everywhere, prob number 4 yep still first drive esc is allowing batterys to drain all the way $300 worth of onyx batteries damaged, prob number 5 got it back from warranty repair drive number 2 driveshaft retainer clip broke 5min into run. back to the shop, prob number 6 battery box release buttons jam up after every drive, prob number 7 the rubber shock socks seem to be decintegrating after 2 months out of the box, prob number 8 drive shaft retainer clip just broke again 2min into run. In short i have a brand new nero for sale barely used going cheep.

Ive got the blues, i just bought a nero and have had nothing but problems. Problem number 1 first drive water got into reciever and fried it. Prob number 2 still firsr drive center diff broke no power to back left wheel, prob number 3 still first drive left rear shock leaking oil everywhere, prob number 4 yep still first drive esc is allowing batterys to drain all the way $300 worth of onyx batteries damaged, prob number 5 got it back from warranty repair drive number 2 driveshaft retainer clip broke 5min into run. back to the shop, prob number 6 battery box release buttons jam up after every drive, prob number 7 the rubber shock socks seem to be decintegrating after 2 months out of the box, prob number 8 drive shaft retainer clip just broke again 2min into run. In short i have a brand new nero for sale barely used going cheep.

hate to hear that you had so many problems...

be sure to post it in the forum classifieds. ..

.....Sorry, but what you are doing with you're Nero?
We have 2, one blue and a Big Rock, but nothing happens like you're issues.

Ok, work to the list....
1: The battery box is not waterproof. And it seams that the receiver is also just water resistant.
I drove also through water and snow but there was no water into the box.
I clean our cars with a shower from mud and dirt, but I take care not to spray in the area to the receiver box and the ESC.
Maybe you're water level was higher. In that case you can cover you're receiver with plasti dip.
Some crawler boys made their electronic parts also waterproof with this.
I had done it also on my RC-boats but it is not really a funny work.

2: Manly, the diffs may be broken while switching them with higher throttle or there are locked and you´re tires had a lot of grip.
Thats like big cars, all diffs locked on the wrong ground will damage them.

3: Check you're shock absorber. There are rubber rings, maybe these are damaged.
Also it ist possible the the shaft is bend.

4: ESC: do you keep connected the Lipos to the ESC? The small switch for switching on the ESC is no main switch,
At the moment when the battery are connected to the ESC, a little power will flow and also discharge you're Lipos.
Thats why Arrma had written in the Manual that you should disconnect the battery after run.
Just disconnecting of one plug will be enough to solve that "problem" in future. Maybe an suggestion, if you like to have more safety, put a Lipo-checker to one of the battery. He will squeeze if you have had forgotten to disconnect and will remind you.

5 and 8 maybe also a point of issue 2.

6: Check the lock of the box. Sometimes there are dirt inside which will not allow the mechanic to lock the box.
To make it more secure, drill a small hole and put a body clip in. Afterwards you will never happen a popping battery box while jumping.

7: Mhhm,... I have no Idea what happens with you're rubber socks...
I maintain mine rubber socks with silicone spray after cleaning from mud and dirt.
WD40 for cleaning and afterwards oiling.
Also each pivot ball and all moving parts with weapon oil (Ballistol).

Maybe it will help to solve you´re issues.
We are very happy with our Neros also two of my friends which have also Neros...

Regards,
lonee

If you are missing power to only 1 wheel, you probably don't have a broken diff, you have an outdrive pin (most likely) or a universal joint (less likely but possible). Easy fixes. The Nero differentials are really hard to break, it's usually something further down the line.

The battery releases are a pain in the butt. Not my favorite part of the Nero. Here's how I deal with them when they are full of tiny rocks and debris: push the button in and out quickly while applying firm pressure on the top of the installed pack. You'll clear out enough of the debris to get the door to release and then you can spray the mechanism with air or water.

If your left rear wheel and your left rear shock are having issues I'm thinking you may have had a crash and damaged the shock and driveline components. Crashes happen and you have to pay for them. It's part of the hobby.

Call ARRMA about the ESC, they will replace it under warranty.

Yup thats some bad luck! I've broken center-rear outdrive on mine, 6s with locked center and studded tires on grass tho :)

Attachments

• IMG_8268.JPG
    IMG_8268.JPG
    245.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_9646.JPG
    IMG_9646.JPG
    215.3 KB · Views: 53
OK, than the motor in you´re car is too strong! :)

But now its clear what happens. In my case it is the same like CL-Audio,
Just one body mount was broken by a bad landing while a jump.
On the other hand, damages on girlfriends Nero within 2 weeks: Broken push rod end and a broken rear wheel.
And she is driving with much more care than me my Nero Big Rock.

Regards,
lonee

? is it the diff that broke or the pin at the diff to axel
as for the receiver i knocked mine lose on a jump and withe some 3m dubbel side tape was a quick fix.. if its the pin there is a tread here some place for traxas parts that are much stronger

Oh yes, that also a case. The Arrma glue tape is not quite good. My ESC was loosen also like the RX.
I took also new glue tape with foam for the RX and putted also a little bit foam in the top of the box to get a little pressure from the top.
For the ESC I made me an plate of aluminium which is mounted with 4 screws on the bottom of the ESC and with two screws on the chassis.
The holes are already there.

Regards,
lonee

I to have had nothing but issues broken diff drives broken wheel drives,tyets shredded off rims,iv now got 2 broken arms front andbacki.its a pain this was just my 6th time out since October.anyone know were to getting aluminium upgrades

...I would never replace an arm with one from aluminium on an monster truck. I have learned in the past.
Plastic is much more elastic and small deformation can be "repaired" while boiling in oil.
Aluminium will bend directly and will be damaged. Think about, parts who are elastic takes force away from other parts.
The wheel holder (where the ball bearings are in) I would change also in future to ones from hot racing.
But just in case that one of these parts are broken..
It will give less play around the bearings and Pivot balls which the result of a better control.

Sorry, but maybe you are driving too hard? If I see you´re damaging history and compare that with our´s ...
We have no one broken diff till yet. Here are 4 Neros in action with very different driver-skill-level.
My Nero Big Rock is from end of November, the other 3 (2x blue, 1x green) begin January.
BR-> one broken body mount ( pin)
Girlfriends Nero blue-> One rim and one pushrod end but just while driving on ice and smashing onto frozen wood.
We think that the rim was pre damaged at the same "accident"!
Second blue-> One rim hex and its nut... mistake by owner. he turned the nut not right on the thread.
Green one-> Just some deep scratches into the body and one lost screw between steering link and servo saver.

That is our actual list while driving minimum all two days. I think that the blue Nero from my colleague is running mostly every day...
Nothing happens like in you´re history....
Btw. thats an RC-car which is not bulletproof! ;) (just kidding)

Regards,
lonee

some where i saw a tread about the skid plate hellping with the broken arm issues any one know about this

i broke the axle pins from driver error diffs looke
d bad jump and landed on hard payment

big red...you are correct..the TBONE skids reinforce the A arms ...greatly helps with flex and breakage...

Yeah the broken diff esc and reciever were first run and were repaired under warranty. The car was returned pretty quick as well il give arrma that. But the on the water issue if the car is not truly waterproof then don't right waterproof on the box it sais waterproof so i should be able to drive the thing completely submerged. Thats like buying a dive watch and being told that i should have pulled the thinga apart and wipes silicon all over it. The shocks on the other hand haven't been hammered at all as it has been the first couple runs ive been pretty tame on it, no big jumps etc just got lemons i think. The battery draining issue i always unplug after use for fear of fires and what not but still draining town to like 2 % now the batterys are so swollen i can barely get into boxes. I have had the granite for a couple years now and yeah bits and pieces break or need tweaking every now and then but geez i absolutely hammer that thing and it just keeps taking it. Granite =$300au Nero=$1300au i realise that this is just the nature of rc drive em break em fix em but i just thought i would get a better fun for my money.

I've only driven my Arma in snow so far and it's done awsome! No problems other than a broken rocker post.

Yeah i get the feeling that they are more suited to a colder climate australia is pretty hot and rocky. Just having a winge neway will pull it apart and get it dialled in and bash on. Just nicenice to have a cry some times

I gave up on Nero and built a sweet Kraton. It seems much more durable so far. The Nero is heavy and complicated, it has many weaknesses. Also the Kraton seems to have the handling characteristics I'm looking for vs. the Nero, which is clunky more like an E-maxx.

Thats what im worried about don't want to dump bulk cash into the nero only to make a fast brick. Big decision coming kraton or losi gas truck

I have nero outcast and losi gas. Nero excellent fast brick, Outcast fun and reliable. Losi went out of control due to interference from cdi and broke in half on tank 9. Good news is it finally shifted.

I like Nitro, but my experience is that electric just takes a lot more abuse. I have a heavily upgraded T-maxx that I'll never get rid of, and it's fun in certain situations. I love that I can just fill the tank over and over, vs. buying a bunch of expensive batteries and chargers. I have no experience with actual gas cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back