Nero body reinforced

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72Z15SS

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Nero
  3. Raider
Finally got around to doing my Nero body with mesh tape and flex seal. I used the stuff in the can and brushed it on. A little more labor but was able to control the amount and spread an even layer.
20170220_073335.jpg

Looks good... I'm not sure the actual difference .. but I'm going to try the tape and spray on plastidip...

You must have more patience than me because mine turned out nothing like that lol

My main problem area so far is the tailgate area of the truck. It rips from the bottom up. May want to put an extra layer there and get it as close to flush with the bottom as you can. Or get a wheelie bar :)

Looks very clean @72Z15SS, I like it.

What mesh tape did you use?
Thank You Sir, I'm kinda anal about this stuff. It was sticky drywall tape (said extra strength) and it looks like it has a few extra cross hatch threads? You can see them in the picture. It's not just vertical and horizontal mesh.

You must have more patience than me because mine turned out nothing like that lol

My main problem area so far is the tailgate area of the truck. It rips from the bottom up. May want to put an extra layer there and get it as close to flush with the bottom as you can. Or get a wheelie bar :)
I do have a wheelie bar installed, so hopefully no issues. :D

Looks good... I'm not sure the actual difference .. but I'm going to try the tape and spray on plastidip...
I was going to do it with bedliner, but I was at Lowes and didn't feel like making another trip to the auto parts store.

Last edited:
is the spray on type of bedliner good for reinforcement? I've used shoegoo for small sections of reinforcement before with my smaller scale RC bodies, but to do the entire Nero body to me shoegoo may be impractical

I never tried the bedliner, but others on here have.

I used some flex seal tape 4 inches wide to cover 90 percent of the body. Stiffened it right up. Was thinking of putting a layer or 2 of flex seal offer the whole bottom. Now I just have to do something about my driving skills.

looks nice.hope it works,the cost of the flex seal is crazy.
Yeah, it was pricy but the body costs a lot more. I have enough to do a couple more bodies with thin layers. My Nero is heavy enough without globbing this stuff on.

my big rock is coming this week and am planning on doing reinforcement. What is flex seal? The stuff from the as seen on tv ads?

Plasti dip is similar. But the plasti dip is removable. Flexi seal is meant to be permanent. My son ad used the flexi tape then sprayed with flexi seal in the can. Worked great. Now to improve my driving skills. So I don't roll it so much.

my big rock is coming this week and am planning on doing reinforcement. What is flex seal? The stuff from the as seen on tv ads?

The Big Rock Body is thicker than the Nero body so depending on how hard you drive your new Truck you may not need to reinforce the Big Rock body. But it's always good to know what options are out there.

I'm a throttle heavy maniac with my rigs so I'm going to reinforce the big rock just because. I grabbed plasti dip because I didn't see flexi seal at my Home Depot. So at this point I'm going with Sheetrock mesh shoe goo and then a nice coat of the plasti dip. Sort of late now as I ordered the arrma wheelie bar but I'm starting to think I should have gone t bone racing for maximum protection. Maybe later down the road.

Edit: also grabbed some of that water heater straping to reinforce the body holes. I don't want any clips pulling through on this beast. My E-MTA shell looks like a cape flailing behind the truck after a few minutes of run time lol.

Yes, as seen on TV. Got mine at a local hardware store. I bought a quart size can and still have some left. Used some on my wheelbarrow handles and it's pretty grippy stuff.

So full disclosure my body reinforcement isnt pretty. It's there and it's stronger but it's not pretty at all. In fact I had to dremel off the material at the body post locations to get pins in. Sooooo hopefully they don't pull through.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back