Nero Common Broken Parts List?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stapleton219

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hello everyone, can Nero owners reply with their most common broken parts?
I have the Big Rock but "most" parts are the same. Trying to determine if there's certain things that seem to break a lot, I've ran 5 sets of batteries through mine driving on a soccer field and already broke one of the front upper A arms. While disassembling for that repair, I decided to completely tear the truck down and in doing so, found several stripped screw heads, several bearings that were seized.....
Also, what parts are covered under the 2 year warranty? I'm guessing just electronics? I wouldn't suppose broken A arms or stripped screws, bad bearings would be covered, huh?

Hello everyone, can Nero owners reply with their most common broken parts?
I have the Big Rock but "most" parts are the same. Trying to determine if there's certain things that seem to break a lot, I've ran 5 sets of batteries through mine driving on a soccer field and already broke one of the front upper A arms. While disassembling for that repair, I decided to completely tear the truck down and in doing so, found several stripped screw heads, several bearings that were seized.....
Also, what parts are covered under the 2 year warranty? I'm guessing just electronics? I wouldn't suppose broken A arms or stripped screws, bad bearings would be covered, huh?
your broken arm probably won't be covered, the screws and bearings should get replaced because they should not be set up yet, unless you got it wet, running in damp grass is enough to get them wet and rust if they are not lubed. I use this on everything, sage for all plastics, drys dry not Stickey stays In place, it has worked good thus far for me...

Attachments

• Resized_FB_IMG_1477012071831.jpeg
    Resized_FB_IMG_1477012071831.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 91
one note on bearings...unsealed bearings.... one way to seize or at least have a bearing act as if it is seized is to run it through really fine dirt...like that found on baseball fields ....

the bearing can get packed up...especially the rear hub bearings...they will eventually free up ..but it takes time or washing them out and reoiling. ..

takes quite a while to get packed up on the nero...but on my 18th scales it can do it within one run...smaller car..lower to the ground...constant doughnuts just packs them up...

you should buy a pack of rod ends it's a poop load of ends and I have broken alot!! it's better now I don't crash as much. and a pack or two of shock rod ends they break, it's a cheap easy fix that if you have on hand it wont end your day but if not then it may end a fee days... I raised suspension to third hole in and changed oil in shocks. a tbone wheelie bar or the one from arrma is a good idea if you like to wheelie and it saves the body.

My biggest broken part are easily tires. Here is a list of blown/ ripped sets

Proline - super scampers, shockwaves, trencherXs, stock set scorpions and just yesterday - my BigRock set blew front right tire on a wheelie... blam! I just ordered some HPI Goliath MTs and will just be sure to run them on 4S only. Will only run stock scorpions or minokawas on 6s.

Attachments

• IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    340.4 KB · Views: 103
you should buy a pack of rod ends it's a poop load of ends and I have broken alot!! it's better now I don't crash as much. and a pack or two of shock rod ends they break, it's a cheap easy fix that if you have on hand it wont end your day but if not then it may end a fee days... I raised suspension to third hole in and changed oil in shocks. a tbone wheelie bar or the one from arrma is a good idea if you like to wheelie and it saves the body.
Rod ends as in tie rod ends or shock ends? I know the Nero was having problems with the shocks, they beefed that up on the Big Rock so probably good there, but I don't think they beefed up the tie rod ends.

your broken arm probably won't be covered, the screws and bearings should get replaced because they should not be set up yet, unless you got it wet, running in damp grass is enough to get them wet and rust if they are not lubed. I use this on everything, sage for all plastics, drys dry not Stickey stays In place, it has worked good thus far for me...
You use that stuff to lube bearings? You spray screws with that before tightening to prevent seizure?

Rod ends as in tie rod ends or shock ends? I know the Nero was having problems with the shocks, they beefed that up on the Big Rock so probably good there, but I don't think they beefed up the tie rod ends.

You use that stuff to lube bearings? You spray screws with that before tightening to prevent seizure?
I just ordered a set of shocks from the BigRock for the Nero. They come with the heavy duty rod ends. Few mm thicker I'm assuming. If you go on the big rock gigs site - they show a side by side comparison. Definitely bigger shocks for sure.

rod ends as in shock rod yes I know big Rock had heavy duty bla bla bla they still breaking... and pushrod ends both cheap to have and easy to fix on the go. the bigrock shocks are larger diameter shock rods the ends are different and still breaking from what I understand. I have not upgraded and won't I have enough ends to last till next year, and I haven't broken one in 3 runs it's a record!!

rod ends as in shock rod yes I know big Rock had heavy duty bla bla bla they still breaking... and pushrod ends both cheap to have and easy to fix on the go. the bigrock shocks are larger diameter shock rods the ends are different and still breaking from what I understand. I have not upgraded and won't I have enough ends to last till next year, and I haven't broken one in 3 runs it's a record!!

Well strange if you ask me, IF someone breaking the HD shock ball end wich i do not think they will.( might do IF you running way to much pack)...the stock that i have not broke either..

Pushrod ballends, like i said 2 of them..

i think it's pretty simple / if you jump - expect problems. If you don't jump - less problems. Bashing is a pretty wide definition and can be broadly applied. Even my LHS tells me - if u want to be here more - get ur jump ramps out.

Attachments

• IMG_0102.JPG
    IMG_0102.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 86
So, tires, pushrod ends, the occasional shock end, that's all you guys are breaking? No differential problems, front or rear steering blocks, front or rear Control arms aka AArm, shock mounts, shock rocker, etc?

When I got my Kraton last month. Ended up bending the rear shock tower. I only jump on grass and I still am so stunned at the amount of force that would cause that type of damage. Since replaced it. Was only my 2nd tear down and rebuild. But I did it. Put the arms on backwards and had to start over but I did it. Still feels great to this day.

Attachments

• IMG_3263.JPG
    IMG_3263.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0086.JPG
    IMG_0086.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 89
So far with my Big Rock the failure I am experiencing is on the output driveshafts. Lost a Driveshaft end Locking Pin #AR310556, and also the pin that goes between the outdrive and driveshaft, which is underneath the rubber boot, not a fan of how that is setup as it is not a threaded pin and the only thing that really holds those two parts together is the rubber boot holding the pin in place. As for the locking pin I would go ahead and check all four of them as I am guessing the reason mine came undone was probably from lack of loctite or running on 6s.

As for tires/wheels, yes if your running 6s stick with stock, I have torn all the other wheels/tires I have tried when running 6s.

My friend and I both have a nero and we are not gentle on them.. longest jump we have done so far is 52 feet. and surprisingly both trucks were fine after!
The parts we have broken are
Drive shaft locking pins (we both Sheard one in half the head was still there and still threaded in but that was all that was left)
Rocker posts... (3 in one night)
I would also recommend getting the bearing for the rocker posts and also the screws if you decide to stay with the stock posts because it sucks searching for 10 minutes for I tiny bearing or screw
Numerous shock rods.. but no ends.. the rod always breaks right at the start of the rod end.
Tie rod ends

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back