Nero Common Broken Parts List?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure how common it is but in my first 5 minutes of running I broke a diff outdrive on the front diff. Seemed like it was just a weak part in the metal and it sheared off clean but left the locking ring and screw.

Here's how I buy Nero spares: When I'm ordering something from Tower Hobbies and I'm $3 to $7 away from a $10 coupon and free shipping, I pick a bag or two of spare screws or plastics that I know will eventually break and I add them to the cart. I basically get them for free and my spare box is getting nice and fat.

Here's how I buy Nero spares: When I'm ordering something from Tower Hobbies and I'm $3 to $7 away from a $10 coupon and free shipping, I pick a bag or two of spare screws or plastics that I know will eventually break and I add them to the cart. I basically get them for free and my spare box is getting nice and fat.
Somebody's wearing their smart cap .... I love Tower. Just got my 10 year old that hpi Ken block 1/8 scale from Tower. Bought the Nero, Kraton V2 and my Senton there.

Ive replaced all the "drivetrain bearings" with sealed, Ive replaced several stripped screws, front upper control arm, rear body mount set, a rear hub. The broken parts are from the truck cartwheeling. The stripped screws came that way from the factory, and the factory bearings were gritty and a couple locked up. Ive been ordering everything from Tower Hobbies. Want to keep some common parts on hand so I don't have to place an order every time something breaks, but also don't want a bunch of parts that I will never use.

Broken a couple stock shock rod ends. Couple stock pushrod ends. If running the Tbone front bumper, be careful of hits on the bumper. I have stripped out both the screw holes in the front bulkhead... I'm sure it would help if I landed on the wheels but shi* happens. Haha. Going to try and get slightly larger coarse thread screws to fix. We'll see if it works. Broken one upper front arm, rear axle on the wheel side, stock servo, esc, rear wheel bearing. Also broken several axle pins that hold the 17mm hub on the axle output shaft as well as a couple of the pins that hold the inner axle onto the diff shafts.

Last edited:
you should buy a pack of rod ends it's a poop load of ends and I have broken alot!! it's better now I don't crash as much. and a pack or two of shock rod ends they break, it's a cheap easy fix that if you have on hand it wont end your day but if not then it may end a fee days... I raised suspension to third hole in and changed oil in shocks. a tbone wheelie bar or the one from arrma is a good idea if you like to wheelie and it saves the body.

Rod ends, ball joint connectors......same thing right?

AR713014 pin that holds the hub to end of drive shaft,...why does this back out repeatedly?

Separately and lately, a Shock rod, sheered of the end at threads.

Did any one have diff servo fail or is more likely a diff brain might not work? I hear no noise when changing from 1 all diffs Unlocked to 2 Center diff locked,...no performance change/ wheelie. ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back