Nero Critical parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BasherT

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hey Everyone, recently ordered a Nero and pretty pumped to get it. This is my first time posting as I am brand new to the forum, Also this will be my first Arrma product experience! I love bashing and am going to be hard on the truck so Was wondering if anyone could let me know what a common list of parts would be for failure to have in my tool. Box so I can limit down time. Running 4s 60c 5800mah to start...plan to move to 6s once I get some run time under my belt. Any info would be great!

Drive axle pins, shock rod ends and push rod ends are the commonly broken parts that you should have on hand. Some people will tell you more but most other things are bigger repairs and will probably end your day and you can take a run to the hobby shop or wait for the mailman to get it back together.

Read the Nero threads from top to bottom and you'll get some ideas for some non-Arrma parts that some folks have substituted if they couldn't find OEM spares or they found the other brands to work better. I've used the ARRMA stuff with no issues and haven't had many failures.

And if you have time on your hands put in revo rocker posts.

Hey Everyone, recently ordered a Nero and pretty pumped to get it. This is my first time posting as I am brand new to the forum, Also this will be my first Arrma product experience! I love bashing and am going to be hard on the truck so Was wondering if anyone could let me know what a common list of parts would be for failure to have in my tool. Box so I can limit down time. Running 4s 60c 5800mah to start...plan to move to 6s once I get some run time under my belt. Any info would be great!

...hmmmm...buy a second nero...

Front hubs. I am on my third hub and 25 runs. Lower pivotball pops out. Whole poop cracks. I don't know how i can make that better.

Front hubs. I am on my third hub and 25 runs. Lower pivotball pops out. Whole poop cracks. I don't know how i can make that better.

Check your toe and camber settings Maybe? Seems like something might be set up a little bit out of spec and it's putting too much stress on the joint. Just a thought. If the same part keeps breaking in the same way, it might need an adjustment.

Or pickup the Hot-Racing aluminum hubs, but I would definitely look into your alignment and tire balance also. There has to be something putting extra stress on that side of your truck for it to keep happening over and over again. Maybe take a real close look at the suspension arms and make sure they not out of alignment. I wasn't expecting it, but when I had to replace one of my upper front suspension arms 3 little shims fell out when I pulled the hing pin out. I was just glad I only took out one side and could look at the other side to figure out where they came from. Anyway, might be something to take a look at and make sure that your suspension is only moving up and down and not front to back putting extra stress on everything.

Hot-Racing Front Hubs: http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?partnumber=NRO21M01;c=1019
Hot-Racing Rear Hubs: http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?partnumber=NRO22M01;c=1019

I put in m5x35mm socket cap screws. Worked great, also put aluminum rockers from GKA
Interested in the aluminum rockers for sure, do you have link to look at or a part number for the Rocker by chance?

Or pickup the Hot-Racing aluminum hubs, but I would definitely look into your alignment and tire balance also. There has to be something putting extra stress on that side of your truck for it to keep happening over and over again. Maybe take a real close look at the suspension arms and make sure they not out of alignment. I wasn't expecting it, but when I had to replace one of my upper front suspension arms 3 little shims fell out when I pulled the hing pin out. I was just glad I only took out one side and could look at the other side to figure out where they came from. Anyway, might be something to take a look at and make sure that your suspension is only moving up and down and not front to back putting extra stress on everything.

Hot-Racing Front Hubs: http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?partnumber=NRO21M01;c=1019
Hot-Racing Rear Hubs: http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?partnumber=NRO22M01;c=1019
Love the look of the aluminum hubs, typically my past experience with aluminum hubs has not always been great, usually end up changing out the arms to aluminum if available as well due to the fact that the original arms are plastic and tend to break easier under stress after the upgrade.

There are 2 companies that make Aluminum Rockers for the Nero platform, that I know of. Hot-Racing and GKA Customs, I will put links for both at the bottom of this post. As far as I know GKA doesn't have a website, but they are one of the listed vendors and are very active here on the Arrma Forums. I went with the Hot-Racing rockers, but something to be aware of is that the Hot Racing rockers are a very different design and are probably not as strong as the GKA Rockers. Rather than trying to explain the different I would say take a look at pictures of both and you will see the difference in the design. I went with the Hot Racing rockers because I was trying to resolve the issue with the stock shock spring retainer hitting the rocker arm and it looked to me like the Hot-Racing rockers would have more clearance. Shortly after buying them a couple of people here on the forum also suggested replacing the shock spring retainers with the Hobao Hyper Shock Damper kit #90049. You don't need the whole kit, but they don't sell the shock retainers individually. Once you put the Hobao shock retainers on there is no more clearance issue with the shock and the rocker arm regardless of which rocker arm you have.

Love the look of the aluminum hubs, typically my past experience with aluminum hubs has not always been great, usually end up changing out the arms to aluminum if available as well due to the fact that the original arms are plastic and tend to break easier under stress after the upgrade.

The very first part I broke and looked to upgrade on my Big Rock was a suspension arm. In the first 20 minutes just out of the box I broke a lower rear suspension arm. So I started looking and asking around for aluminum suspension arms, but I still have not found anyone who is making them for the Nero platform yet. Unless you know someone with a CNC machine and the time to build the design file for all 4 arms I think we are stuck with the stock plastic arms for now.

Hot-Racing Rocker Arms NRO27M01: http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?partnumber=NRO27M01;c=1019
GKA Customs Parts List: https://arrmaforum.com/threads/nero-rocker-arms-and-big-rock.1947/
GKA Customs Vendor Forum: https://arrmaforum.com/threads/gka-products.2696/

There are 2 companies that make Aluminum Rockers for the Nero platform, that I know of. Hot-Racing and GKA Customs, I will put links for both at the bottom of this post. As far as I know GKA doesn't have a website, but they are one of the listed vendors and are very active here on the Arrma Forums. I went with the Hot-Racing rockers, but something to be aware of is that the Hot Racing rockers are a very different design and are probably not as strong as the GKA Rockers. Rather than trying to explain the different I would say take a look at pictures of both and you will see the difference in the design. I went with the Hot Racing rockers because I was trying to resolve the issue with the stock shock spring retainer hitting the rocker arm and it looked to me like the Hot-Racing rockers would have more clearance. Shortly after buying them a couple of people here on the forum also suggested replacing the shock spring retainers with the Hobao Hyper Shock Damper kit #90049. You don't need the whole kit, but they don't sell the shock retainers individually. Once you put the Hobao shock retainers on there is no more clearance issue with the shock and the rocker arm regardless of which rocker arm you have.

The very first part I broke and looked to upgrade on my Big Rock was a suspension arm. In the first 20 minutes just out of the box I broke a lower rear suspension arm. So I started looking and asking around for aluminum suspension arms, but I still have not found anyone who is making them for the Nero platform yet. Unless you know someone with a CNC machine and the time to build the design file for all 4 arms I think we are stuck with the stock plastic arms for now.

Hot-Racing Rocker Arms NRO27M01: http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?partnumber=NRO27M01;c=1019
GKA Customs Parts List: https://arrmaforum.com/threads/nero-rocker-arms-and-big-rock.1947/
GKA Customs Vendor Forum: https://arrmaforum.com/threads/gka-products.2696/
Great info! Thanks
GKA look solid! Likely going to order a set of them!

Great info! Thanks
GKA look solid! Likely going to order a set of them!
Yeah they're beefy. I also did the haobao shock /spring ends also, hopefully nothing snaps off again. :) granted the first break was me being dumb hah

There is also another one - GPM.

Yea, I saw those a month or so ago. GPM release a whole bunch of aluminum parts for the Nero platform. However, I have heard mixed reviews of the quality/grade of aluminum that GPM uses. Anyone who has GPM parts please feel free to let us know how you feel about their aluminum. I do not have any of there parts at this time. Plus it's good to update threads like this one and let everyone know that GPM does have a bunch of aluminum parts for the Nero. I also check back with Hot-Racing.com every now an then. They have added more nero part through out the year also.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back