Nero Diff Oil or Grease

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Just got non-brain nero ($330 tower deal). This is my first arrma...did some research and learned diffs have minimal grease. Would love to limit front tires from balloning...saw some plugged diff holes with jb weld or screws.

Can anyone report if diffs remained sealed usinfg these methods?

Did it limit balloning?

Did you fill all diffs f/c/r?

I used hex screws with red loc-tite, in center diff. It reduced ballooning with 300k. Truck drives a lot better, will be doing the front and rear next.

I used hex screws with red loc-tite, in center diff. It reduced ballooning with 300k. Truck drives a lot better, will be doing the front and rear next.

Thanks for sharing...notice any leaks? I have 500k and 50k....do you think I need to mix the 500k with the 50k to make lighter...or is 500k in center fine?

I got the same deal from Tower and plan on running diff oil as well. I got M2.5x3mm socket head screws and red locktite ready to go. I'm also considering the JB weld steel stick or possibly nylon screws instead of steel. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with either route. All of them should seal the diff adequately. As far as diff oils, I've narrowed it down to 30k/100k/10k f/c/r.

• You can always change then later, but I think 100k might be too thin in a heavy truck. Just depends how much you want to adjust slipper. Vrs adjusting center differential. I run 300k, center, and the front still unloads. But it's manageable.

• You can always change then later, but I think 100k might be too thin in a heavy truck. Just depends how much you want to adjust slipper. Vrs adjusting center differential. I run 300k, center, and the front still unloads. But it's manageable.

Ok...do you think 500K would be overkill? I noticed most bashing truggies run 500K in the center. My only concern was that if the center starts to lock (similar to Wheelie Mod on Brain version) that it might cause damage in other places e.g. drive shaft pins....but my instinct was to go to 500K until I noticed you and others are stopping at 300K...figured the experts know best ;)

500k will make it wheelie more,, or work your slipper a lot? With a center diff, and slipper clutch, you can really tune this rig. With 300k, mine still diffs out, still wheelies, just no where near as bad as stock. I hated the skipping of the front tires unloading/lifting. That's gone now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back