NERO diff problems - No support from ARRMA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DD_ARRMA

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hi all,

Greetings from Belgium!

I used to drive RC cars in my younger years, and picked up the hobby again a few months ago together with my little son. And we are having a blast!
I'vz had a few breakages on the Nero (which is 7 months old), but nothing serious.
I broke 2 suspension arms, and a few driveshaft pins, but nothing else!
Untill now...

My 3 diffs are out...
1. REAR:
The pins of the diff locking ring broke of the ring, and grinded the holes in the diff case.
IMG_8129.JPG

IMG_4607.JPG

IMG_1083.JPG

2. CENTER:
The servo of the center diff is doing nothing. No movement, no noise.

3. FRONT:
The servo of the front diff is sometimes working, sometimes not.

I have been reading a lot (but really a lot!) on this forum and the general consensus is that Arrma support is awesome and has a "no questions asked" policy on diff breakages.

I've sent them an email to see what they can do for me.
I've sent it directly to the US, since the Belgian reseller is out of stock on the diff servos and locking rings...
And those things are expensive in Belgium :D

I didn't knew where to put this post, in the introduction section or here. But since it's mostly about the diffs, I figured it's better in the Nero sections.
Mods, if needed, feel free to move the thread.

I will keep you posted on how Arrma support reacts to this ;)

We had the same Problem. At first the rear Diff of my Big Rock was dead. Reason was defektiv pins and afterwards the servo was broken.
Actual we have summary 4 bad diffs within 1,1/2 Year. (totally 3 Neros, one Big Rock all with diff brain)
I modified the pins of the new diff kits (servo plus cage with pins) with much harder pin material. So i could reduce the deformation on the top of the pins and overforcing the servo.
I was looking for a bit stronger diff servos but I could not find such size here in Germany.

Regards, lonee

I wrote to Arrma support... Big disseapointment in fact...
They don't want to help me, unless I mail the broken parts from Belgium to the US, depite the fact that I've sent them the pictures and videos:

The item(s) would need to be sent into our US service center in order to effectively assist with your claim.
Feel free to mail the item(s) into our Hobby Services department for inspections and further resolution options.

We have a European reseller here in Belgium (Promodels) who would like to help me, but they don't have the spares and are waiting for them since weeks.

we would like to help you to fix this problem, but unfortunately we are waiting for the delivery of many urgently needed spare parts from Horizon Hobby.
We hope to get a response from Horizon Hobby by next week.

So I wrote to Arrma again, and I specified what I've read on this forum:

I am a member of arrmaforum.com where the consensus is that the support of Arrma is awesome and that you guys have a "no questions asked" waranty policy in case of diff failure.
I believe this is a typical case where I would like to ask you to apply this policy.
This is a 750$ RC, which is 7 months old.

But to no avail.
One part of the answer struck me in particular:

With regards to the comment about the "No questions asked warranty policy" being read online. That is not the case with ARRMA products.
Nor any of our products for that matter. Every matter is evaluated on a case by case basis and may be required to be sent in before warranty will be confirmed and resolved.

I don't know what you guys think of the story, but I find it a little foolish to send broken parts from Europe to the US...
I might buy something else next time...

Sorry, but no RC-Car is bulletproof.
If you compare the Arrma Nero with a Traxxas, so you have spend a lot of money to bring the Traxxas-Cars to the same level like the Nero out of the box..
You have driven the car with more or less fun and a car needs maintenance sometimes. Also broken diff locks are included.
So don't spend so much force into a small damage, just buy the spare part for 25€ and have fun again.

I have now my Big Rock more than two years, I learned to switch the diff locks just with no load on them and always while moving.
No one of the replaced diff locks are broken in this time.
The guys from Arrma can't judge which way you was driven you're Nero, so you will not get warranty after 7 months.

Hi, I was going to buy them, but they were out of stock for several months..
In the meanwhile I did send my broken parts to the US, and they've sent me replacements.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back