NERO Diff service email from ARRMA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Afro Samurai

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
this is a copy of my email...and response from ARRMA...

MY EMAIL:

"some differing opinions on the forum...on what to use for diff lubrication...is it oil or grease?..no one truly knows ..the manual says grease...tower hobbies claims oil...Arrma parts doesn't list grease or oils for sale or replacement. ..what type..or grade...of grease or oil is to be used for maintenance of the diffs?...
"

RESPONSE :

Grease is what you should use. Any manufacturer would do, but I am pretty
partial to the Trakpower grease.

-Ben S
Product Support Technician
Hobbico

I just did my kraton diffs.... 50k center, 50k and 100k front, and 100k rear... front is 3/4 50 and 1/4 100.
I will be doing the nero diffs the same...

yep..I ordered a bunch of diff oils that I want to try..thought I would email ARRMA directly. ...just for the sake of getting the suggested maintenance information straight. .

I have not had a chance to really run the kraton around... tomorrow im puting the nero tires on it and taking it to the sand pit to see what it will do... i changed the center diff oil before i ever ran it. the nero i installed smart diff upgrade and wish i had changed oils when i had it all apart but wantted to see what it was like box stock... i blew up a kraton tire so im in the market for a new set. I have badlands on it now but it looks silly they are too small...

I just did my kraton diffs.... 50k center, 50k and 100k front, and 100k rear... front is 3/4 50 and 1/4 100.
I will be doing the nero diffs the same...
Josh - I need to know exactly what your talking abound Im assuming its maintenance - which I don't really know about. Whats the schedule? every 6 months? I get that I open up the diffs and drain or get the grease out. Then I fill the front with 100k & 50k diff fluid? I mix it?

Josh - I need to know exactly what your talking abound Im assuming its maintenance - which I don't really know about. Whats the schedule? every 6 months? I get that I open up the diffs and drain or get the grease out. Then I fill the front with 100k & 50k diff fluid? I mix it?
I do diffs every month or two... i run alot tho. I don't have any 75k so i mixed a little 100k in with the 50k to make it a bit thicker. I am experimenting with it... this is my first vehicle with a center diff and i like it. The nero is a pain in the butt to get center diff out of. I wish i had changed it out when i had it apart but i wanted to see how it was box stock and it definatley needs at least 50k in center... use lighter oil in the front to help turning and i like to drift and wheelie so i use a heavy oil.in rear.

I do diffs every month or two... i run alot tho. I don't have any 75k so i mixed a little 100k in with the 50k to make it a bit thicker. I am experimenting with it... this is my first vehicle with a center diff and i like it. The nero is a pain in the butt to get center diff out of. I wish i had changed it out when i had it apart but i wanted to see how it was box stock and it definatley needs at least 50k in center... use lighter oil in the front to help turning and i like to drift and wheelie so i use a heavy oil.in rear.
So 75k is ideal for all three then? Isn't the center piece just the screws on bottom and side? I thought its five minutes to get to all three diffs?

So 75k is ideal for all three then? Isn't the center piece just the screws on bottom and side? I thought its five minutes to get to all three diffs?
Its not bad to get diffs out of nero or kraton... the nero center is a bit of a pain but after i figured out how to go about it was not bad... watch youtube videos... lol i prefer heavier rear diff and lighter front beacuse heavy oil in front makes it turn harder... 75k would work well it all depends on how you bash and driving style... the front and rear diffs are very easy to access on nero. The center is also fairly easy. I will be doing my nero this week white.i wait on a pushrod end...

Its not bad to get diffs out of nero or kraton... the nero center is a bit of a pain but after i figured out how to go about it was not bad... watch youtube videos... lol i prefer heavier rear diff and lighter front beacuse heavy oil in front makes it turn harder... 75k would work well it all depends on how you bash and driving style... the front and rear diffs are very easy to access on nero. The center is also fairly easy. I will be doing my nero this week white.i wait on a pushrod end...

this is a copy of my email...and response from ARRMA...

MY EMAIL:

"some differing opinions on the forum...on what to use for diff lubrication...is it oil or grease?..no one truly knows ..the manual says grease...tower hobbies claims oil...Arrma parts doesn't list grease or oils for sale or replacement. ..what type..or grade...of grease or oil is to be used for maintenance of the diffs?...
"

RESPONSE :

Grease is what you should use. Any manufacturer would do, but I am pretty
partial to the Trakpower grease.

-Ben S
Product Support Technician
Hobbico
Did you use the grease if so how is it

I used oil but it leaks out... I would try some grease, preferably thicker than normal grease. I will check into the trak stuff hopefully they have thick grease the stock grease is crap, like having 3 open diffs... can't get power to the ground.

Hey guys and gals, I know people gonna be hatin' on me, but i use neosporen for my diffs with a little 30k oil. I haven't tried it on the Nero, but when I raced my Mugen truggy, it worked great! Center diff used to blow the front tires with 75k. Once I put the neosporen in the center, it was almost a perfect launch with very little ballon of the front tires. With the Nero weight about 5 pounds more than a truggy, I am going full neosporen in the center to stop the ballooning.

I'm going to use heavy automotive grease. It will be a bit before I get into it but I'm doing it next week some time I hope... my kraton is almost done and I have to rip the drive line all apart in my new mtxl and do diffs and LOCTITE everything since losi decided that it didn't require loctite.

Did you use the grease if so how is it

I got the Trakpower grease from tower. ..haven't installed yet...was also thinking on wheelbearing grease...need to do a comparison of the two...wheelbearing grease would be a nice alternative...cause its readily available. ..and you get more for the money...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back