Nero diff tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sportbikeco

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here sealed up the pins for the diff locker and filled them with silicone diff fluid?

What would be a good substance to seal them with? Im thinking RTV but not sure how it would react to the silicone fluid.

What would be a good weight to start with for the center or f&r diffs?

Has anyone here sealed up the pins for the diff locker and filled them with silicone diff fluid?

What would be a good substance to seal them with? Im thinking RTV but not sure how it would react to the silicone fluid.

What would be a good weight to start with for the center or f&r diffs?

Im about to dive into this myself. lmk what you find if you start before I do.

If you want to seal the holes, I recommend getting them super clean (or brand new) and using JB weld. that stuff is pretty chemical resistant

I have heard of people using jb weld and epoxy... considering doing this with my nero to see how it works... I will also be watching to see results here....

I have heard of people using jb weld and epoxy... considering doing this with my nero to see how it works... I will also be watching to see results here....

Ok, I got curious while I was in there replacing the diff brain servo....

20161128_231239.jpg

Arrma did it right (as I suspected). The holes in the diff for the lockup are surrounded by O-Rings, creating a seal. JB weld or epoxy is pointless. you shouldn't have any issues filing these diffs, as well as tuning them like any other with or without the diff brain stuff.

I'm going to top mine off with some 60k and see what happens.

it's gonna leak out... the Oring isn't a good enough seal... but I know like you I had to learn the hard way so go ahead, it will work nice for a couple packs... then it won't cus it's gonna leak out.

My boy made me get the big rock shell. More important- those Axial BF Goodrich tires are gonna be insane. They are taller than the Goliaths. Going to trim the foam and then tape em. Who knows - maybe this time it might work. Sorry I know this discussion is on the diffs but on my 3rd run with the fazon - wheelie ing across the Cisco lot bled my rear diff. Soooo I got my Nero without the diff brain because it made sense to keep it simple Stay out the LHS. Well I'm really thinking of having them remove the brain the pins - all of it. Nothing worse than a brand new truck in the hobby shop after 3 packs? Silver lining will be a savox and HD spur ...

Attachments

• IMG_0509.JPG
    IMG_0509.JPG
    254.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0520.JPG
    IMG_0520.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0511.JPG
    IMG_0511.JPG
    211.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0522.JPG
    IMG_0522.JPG
    195.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0514.JPG
    IMG_0514.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0501.JPG
    IMG_0501.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 63
it's gonna leak out... the Oring isn't a good enough seal... but I know like you I had to learn the hard way so go ahead, it will work nice for a couple packs... then it won't cus it's gonna leak out.
A slightly thicker outer O-ring might do the trick.
I really want to keep my diff brain stuff. It was one of the primary selling features for me. But I also want to have some contol in my diffs.
I'm still going to fill it up, if it lasts a couple packs, great. if not, oh well. the front and rear diffs are so easy. I'll make sure I got it right before going through the center diff.

I put marine grease in the center diff, and am gonna try red n tackey in the front and rear of the fazon one of these days when I have a minute to get it apart... first need to throw 17 tooth pinion on it and finish putting nero back together.

well had rear diff out of the fazon today and had to replace a locker ring but I did get it emptied and filled with red n tackey grease and it is like having 75 to 100k from the feel of how it spins by hand now, i also stripped a hub on one of my badlands so I just got back and got it all fixed up its dark now so testing tonorrow...

Well, I did full them up with 60k, front and center. we'll see how long they last. I wish it was forever because I'm digging it

I pulled apart all 3 diffs and cleaned the areas by the holes on the outside and sealed with clear 2-part epoxy (gorilla brand, ive had good luck with this product and had it on hand). I bought the green no diff brain nero planning on doing this. Just like on real trucks locked diffs = broken parts.

I just left the small amount of thick factory grease that was already in the diffs and filled after letting the epoxy dry.

I had 50k TLR fluid so that went in the front and center, put 10k in the rear.

I have to say it was much improved over stock. Much less tire balooning and still handled great, drove well through uneven terrain and tall grass. Turning performance was great and it did not want to balloon up inside front tire that much.

When refilling I will probably go a bit thicker. Maybe 100k ft, 100k center, 50k rear. Though it may be very wheelie prone if the center is much thicker.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back