Nero diffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David941

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Got a question that I'm sure someone has already done.
Can I disconnect the front and rear servos, take them out, remove the diff locking pins, plug the diffs, fill them with diff oil, and still use the diffbrain for the center?

I don't know the answer to your question but I'd like to add to it if you don't mind. What does the center diff do?

I don't know the answer to your question but I'd like to add to it if you don't mind. What does the center diff do?

The center diff distributes power to the front and rear differentials. On a diffbrain model it is unlocked completely or locked completely. On a non diffbrain model it is always unlocked.
Unlocked sends WAY to much power to the front wheels, locked distributes power 50/50.
I'm contemplating taking all the servos out as the sweet spot is somewhere between, but I figured I'd start with just the front and rear.
The diffbrain is a novel idea, but for most people unnecessary

The center diff distributes power to the front and rear differentials. On a diffbrain model it is unlocked completely or locked completely. On a non diffbrain model it is always unlocked.
Unlocked sends WAY to much power to the front wheels, locked distributes power 50/50.
I'm contemplating taking all the servos out as the sweet spot is somewhere between, but I figured I'd start with just the front and rear.
The diffbrain is a novel idea, but for most people unnecessary

Thanks for info. I had issues with diff servos on first day out of the box. I loved the idea but I don't want to always be wrenching on my rc. That's why my revo 3.3 hasn't been used in years. I really enjoy the center and rear diff lock mode.

Something you probably thought of already. The only problem I can think of with only center diff locked is the amount of load that will be on it.

I filled the holes with jb weld on mine. Some people use small screws and screw them into the locker holes. Diff cases are like $6 if you mess one up. Works extremely well. Diff brain should work just fine with the others unplugged.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back