Nero ESC sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the heads up. Makes me wonder if they're going to be replacing it with something more programmable? Lots of people don't like the fact that you can't change the 6v bec setting to 7.2 for the servo.

Last edited:
The 7,4V you can realize with an external BEC and plug out the red cable out of the ESC plug.. But you can´t change the Lipo cut off voltage. A point which is more important from my point of view. One option will be the max8 from the same brand but you have to buy the optional power caps. If I see what I have to spend for those... Not really an option.
I think if my BLX200 will break or be fried I´ll went to another brand. Maybe Jeti or Schulze but the negative factor... they are more expensive! :(

Anyway, I hope that I will have a little time before I must consider what to buy! ;)

Regards,
lonee

I would consider buying the Nero esc for my slash.

Great price for a back up or other use

I'm just clearing up a mis conception.. the Nero comes default at 7.2v... you can change it to 6v.. changes to the LVC is not adjustable... BEC voltage was verified by a fluke meter

Last edited:
Just ordered one tonight along with a couple other things I needed. Why not @ just under $65.00 for a Hobbywing ESC.
I wanted to put one in another truck I have (non Arrma) but used it for a Kraton build I did, so now I can go ahead with my original plans.

Wonder what's going on? Second time it dropped in a week.

Well I bought one.,. It would be my luck if I waited then they went back up..o_O

I wouldn't worry too much. This is the 3rd time that it's been on sale like this in the last 6 months. I got one in October and another in November for the same price.

I can't seem to find any info on the largest kv motor it will take. I think it's somewhere around 2400 but not quite sure. I'll have to look in the Fazon manual

Great price for a back up or other use

I'm just clearing up a mis conception.. the Nero comes default at 7.2v... you can change it to 6v.. changes to the LVC is not adjustable... BEC voltage was verified by a fluke meter

I've never seen any documentation that it comes defaulted to 7.2. The manual even says 6.0 because the diff brain servos will fry at HV.
-c

I've never seen any documentation that it comes defaulted to 7.2. The manual even says 6.0 because the diff brain servos will fry at HV.
-c
its clearly stated in the manual...the dark gray shaded areas are factory defaults...7.2V

Thanks for the heads up. Makes me wonder if they're going to be replacing it with something more programmable? Lots of people don't like the fact that you can't change the 6v bec setting to 7.4 for the servo.
you can

its clearly stated in the manual...the dark gray shaded areas are factory defaults...7.2V

you can
Not on the BLX200! I looked in the manual for my Fazon and it's not even an option...Looked on Arrmas website and same thing. If you know a trick let us all know! Better yet, can you post a picture of that page in YOUR manual. Mine must be missing that part. Thanks

Not on the BLX200! I looked in the manual for my Fazon and it's not even an option...Looked on Arrmas website and same thing. If you know a trick let us all know! Better yet, can you post a picture of that page in YOUR manual. Mine must be missing that part. Thanks
Well damn, look what I found. Seems you were correct and I apologize....My non diff nero manual and my fazon manual are different.
Top one is the green Nero and the bottom is the Fazon. I didn't think there were 2 different BLX200 esc's??? WTH! I usually read through my manuals but never caught this one. Just assumed they were all the same as others posted that it couldn't be changed...

ESC Nero Fazon.jpg

ESC Nero.jpg

-c
Probably why there's 2 different BLX200 ESC's. Hope this helps someone! Might be something to look into when getting a replacement. If the Diff brain will indeed fry @ 7.2 then this might need to be posted somewhere so everyone can see this before doing damage to their vehicle!

Last edited:
How can one tell the difference when for sale? It is a great budget Max8 if you can run HV servos. Tower is saying the one for sale now is 6V.
-c

Last edited:
How can one tell the difference when for sale? It is a great budget Max8 if you can run HV servos. Tower is saying the one for sale now is 6V.
-c
tower doesn't have the HV one on their site.

Lot of wrong info on this regarding the current ESC.

It is locked to 6.0 and can't go to 7.4v

THe diff brain and servos despite what Arrma says are fine at 7.4 volts as I'm running a Castle ESC st 7.5 and everything runs fine

I am just posting what is in the manuals.
BTW the price is back up to 139.99

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back