Nero general maintenance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InSaYnE

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
alright so I went and got come break free clp as suggested in multiple threads. I've run the big rock a couple times and it's super dusty. What do you guys recommend for cleaning the truck? After she's clean how far should I tear into her and clp her? Just suspension components to keep them free moving or further? Do people clp the pillow balls?

I use an air compressor and that blows off a lot of the dirt and debris. A small squirt of spray lithium grease never hurts on the pillow balls.

Also if you have a shop vac, you can use a reducer on the end (They sell them at Walmart nest to the Shop-Vacs) and reverse the air flow. Works pretty dern well.

Lol a straw. I have canned compressed but it looses useable pressure after a couple seconds. That ryobi looks interesting the shop vac sounds good too. I'll start pricing stuff.

Lol a straw. I have canned compressed but it looses useable pressure after a couple seconds. That ryobi looks interesting the shop vac sounds good too. I'll start pricing stuff.

yeah..shop vac is cool...i like the ryobi cause i have several batts for my drill...and it uses the same batts...so i can do all or most things i need on site..but a few bucks as a near by harbor freight can get you a small pancake air compressor or shop vac that should work out fine...

I wonder if Milwaukee has something like that ryobi. I use a ton of Milwaukee tools for work.

I take off the center skid and tires then I hose it off. After that, I hand dry it and blow it with the air compressor. After that, I spay the hinges, bearings, and pillow balls with teflon spray and sometimes spray the plastic with wd-40.

Watch out now! I picked up a pancake compressor on the way home and cleaned the big rock up. Looking brand new. Thanks for all the tips guys!

I bought this on Amazon for around $50. I do lots of beach bashing and this blasts away wet and dry sand well. Small, compact, pretty powerful and stores way easier than a compressor. I still keep a can of air to hit various tiny tucked away areas.

Attachments

• IMG_20170618_032940.jpg
    IMG_20170618_032940.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 40
I bought this on Amazon for around $50. I do lots of beach bashing and this blasts away wet and dry sand well. Small, compact, pretty powerful and stores way easier than a compressor. I still keep a can of air to hit various tiny tucked away areas.
Nice! I have a similar one that I used for computer dusting and I've been thinking of using it for my nero. Think I'll give it a shot. Is it the type with a basic on off switch and a blower motor?

Nice! I have a similar one that I used for computer dusting and I've been thinking of using it for my nero. Think I'll give it a shot. Is it the type with a basic on off switch and a blower motor?
It's got two speeds on it but as I said it works great even in seriously humid climates like where I live.

Harbor Freight has small air compressors for under $50 and you can always find coupons for HF. I got one and some tools with it for about $45 a couple months back

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back