NERO HAS ARRIVED .....I am awakened

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Got it this afternoon - installed wheelie bar. My XT90 charger adapters for my venom dual charger have not arrived but I figured the new batteries are halfway charged so I took it out. WOW. What impressed me right away was the handling and how quiet this rig is. While we just had a rainstorm late this afternoon in Westchester NY - the cement was super slick so I had minimal traction and didn't want to have any drama. I have tightened all the screws & loctite the driveshaft grubs x4. Still waiting for the TBone front bumper and mud flaps - then its onto Nature Study woods & Davenport Park. I super glued my go pro session mount to the shell / should dry by the time I get off from work tomorrow. . I am thinking about getting the clear shell and doing my first custom shell.Anyway - will get some great footage - stay tuned. If anyone knows of a good LED set for the to two light enclosures - I would appreciate it. The front bumper blocks out the lower two unfortunately.....

Attachments

• IMG_1740.JPG
    IMG_1740.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1715.JPG
    IMG_1715.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1753.JPG
    IMG_1753.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1742.JPG
    IMG_1742.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 57
@Julian it looks entirely WAY to clean... get out there and run that thing! :D
Absolutely. Had no time and my xt90 charge leads are coming any day now. Also waiting on my front bumper and mud flaps. Very nice truck I must say. The motor placement really helps the turn radius and balancing. I can turn this thing almost like my HPI Sprint 2 flux. I will test out the acceleration later today on dry pavement. My camera mount will be nice and set on the shell so I will have lots of footage - will mount it each monster truck to film the other. Can't wait!!!
Great to hear! What's the vehicle on the left in the last pic?
Thats a RedCat TRMT8E - which is really a Team Magic E6 HX III - rebranded. I upgraded it bigtime - metal gears, all diffs replaced, 6S spur gear & aluminum motor mount, Aluminum skidplates, Upgraded wheels and tires & most importantly - Hobbywing MAX8 combo - same ESC as the Nero in fact! I will let my son power that one and film the Nero later today - will post footage....

Absolutely. Had no time and my xt90 charge leads are coming any day now. Also waiting on my front bumper and mud flaps. Very nice truck I must say. The motor placement really helps the turn radius and balancing. I can turn this thing almost like my HPI Sprint 2 flux. I will test out the acceleration later today on dry pavement. My camera mount will be nice and set on the shell so I will have lots of footage - will mount it each monster truck to film the other. Can't wait!!!

Thats a RedCat TRMT8E - which is really a Team Magic E6 HX III - rebranded. I upgraded it bigtime - metal gears, all diffs replaced, 6S spur gear & aluminum motor mount, Aluminum skidplates, Upgraded wheels and tires & most importantly - Hobbywing MAX8 combo - same ESC as the Nero in fact! I will let my son power that one and film the Nero later today - will post footage....

Cool - looks very nice!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back