Nero just dropped below $400 at Tower!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am about to order one without my Wife's approval!? I have 70.00 coupon code + 60.00 E-Cash which brings the total down to 269.99.
Although green is not my favorite color, I need advice. Should I or shouldn't I???
Never mind............ Done! Anyone need a roommate? LOL I'll have to get her drunk and break the news.

Last edited:
I am about to order one without my Wife's approval!? I have 70.00 coupon code + 60.00 E-Cash which brings the total down to 269.99.
Although green is not my favorite color, I need advice. Should I or shouldn't I???

I don't know your wife so I can't tell you how to handle the home situation but I can tell you that for that price I would have ordered it 2 days ago and been waiting on the porch with a plate of Christmas cookies for the UPS man right now.

Do it!!! Don't listen to me though. Ive bought the kraton and outcast without my girl knowing. Now i picked up the Nero that she knows about...mainly because of the low tower price. I showed it to her in my shopping cart and she said "oh cool, thats cheaper than the other's you've showed me, merry Christmas". Lol...I'm 35 and we've been together for 12yrs, i think she already realized I'm still just a big kid... Mike

I don't know your wife so I can't tell you how to handle the home situation but I can tell you that for that price I would have ordered it 2 days ago and been waiting on the porch with a plate of Christmas cookies for the UPS man right now.
Well I just got the E-Cash today so I couldn't....

I still have a 48.00 E-Cash so I just ordered this:
LXLGG0 Pro-Line 1972 Chevy C10 Body 1 $34.36
LXDCWM Duratrax 19-in-1 Tool Set w/Pouch For Traxxas 1 $16.99
LXC099 Bob Dively Liquid Masking Film 4 oz 1 $7.59
PC7107 $7 Promotional Discount 1 -$7.00
grey_box_right-mid-1.gif

grey_box_right-mid-2.gif

grey_box_bottom-left.gif
grey_box_bottom-right.gif

grey_box_ship-pay.gif
grey_box_top-right.gif

grey_box_left-mid-1.gif

grey_box_left-mid-2.gif

Shipping charge reflects FREE Shipping Sale promotional discount - a savings of $9.99
In-Stock Items: $51.94
Shipping Charge: Waived
left.gif
Standard Shipping
Subtotal: $51.94
Gift Certificate Redeemed (#49223559 ): -$48.00
Total Current Charges: $3.94
left.gif

You guys are killing me. That is a good price with e-cash. I'm waiting on my Nero as well, I already picked up spare parts for the Nero:

Ordered new arrma nero wheely bar (back order)
ARRMA Pushrod links ( also back ordere)
ARRMA New heady duty shock ends
Revo rod ends
Jato rod ends
Revo pin-screw
Extra diff case so I can use 150K diff fluid in the middle diff.
Some odds and ends from flea-bay

I ordered a typhon roller that will be converted into a clod-buster monster truck...so if NERO ends up not working out I'll use all the NERO electronics on my typhon to go 6S, stretch out the outcast turning it into a kraton and use body and tires from Nero to finish it out.

I just love these 1/8 monster trucks. So hard to kill them. If you add up all the money it takes to get 1/10 bashers to be bullet proof these 1/8 monsters are a real good deal. To bad they are a little heavy, but as long as they are durable, I can live with the weight.

Anyone notice all the Durango stuff prior to Great Planes was made in Taiwan. Noticed all the ARRMA stuff is made in China. Same thing happened with AXIAL, originally everything was made in Taiwan. I have to admit the injection molding and quality of the plastics for ARRMA is VERY GOOD.

Never mind............ Done! Anyone need a roommate? LOL I'll have to get her drunk and break the news.
That very good deal and you never find after Christmass

I think Tower should just GIVE me free stuff with all the years I've been dealing with them. LOL
$70 Promotional Discount 1 -70.00
TOWER SPECIAL OFFERS-A 1 .00
ARAD70GG ARRMA 1/8 NERO 6S BLX Brushless 4WD RTR Green 1 399.99
Special Lines and Comments
GC23 049223769GIFT CRT APPLIED 1 -60.00

SHIPPING AND PAYMENT
Current Charges (U.S. Dollars)
In-Stock Items: $269.99
Surface Shipment: Waived
Total Current Charges: $269.99

Really, where else can you get deals like this?!

Told my Wife I bought an R/C for my Son. She said "You already did!" Me -"But it's not an Arrma!!!" LOL

Man....I have issues. I have 3 Nero. A blue one, the Fazon, and another green one I got that was box damaged from tower for $310 after coupon...and I am still considering getting a 4th one cause of the deal. $399 - $70 coupon - $114 in e-cash. What's wrong with me

Man....I have issues. I have 3 Nero. A blue one, the Fazon, and another green one I got that was box damaged from tower for $310 after coupon...and I am still considering getting a 4th one cause of the deal. $399 - $70 coupon - $114 in e-cash. What's wrong with me
Nothing wrong with you ,that normal boy and the toys

I just order yeti tire and rim to install to my nero

Same thing that's wrong with me Brother....

Just received mine today, couldn't pass it up. I've been running a Team Redcat TRMT8 6s since they came out. Now time to try an ARRMA

Just received mine today, couldn't pass it up. I've been running a Team Redcat TRMT8 6s since they came out. Now time to try an ARRMA
I have the smaller brother TRMT8 4S but haven't run it yet. Too darn cold here. It's in the teens overnight. Going up in the 40's today and I have the whole day to myself so...Maybe

When I put this together for the cars, my Son said; "We nee more cars Dad" Well now we've outgrown it, so I might have to move my older
20161111_165127.jpg
Tamiya's to another location

Hey, I see a Clodbuster in your fleet!
A friend of mine had it in his closet and he gave it to me. Needed a lot of attention!! I helped him build it a long time ago.
Body was long gone so I put the 50 Chevy Panel body on it.

I feel really bad for the folks who shelled out $700 for the nero with diff brain. Now that it's $499 it gives the summit a run for the money.

I feel really bad for the folks who shelled out $700 for the nero with diff brain. Now that it's $499 it gives the summit a run for the money.
And remember that if you are a tower hobbies super saver member you get another $78-$80 off of that so it would be $420-$422. Lol that is such an awesome deal I wish I had the money for it.

Well somebody just got the UPS update from tower hobbies.......23lb of truck scheduled for delivery tomorrow!!! Took out the kids RC monster truck bashing today too bad we were one truck short. After tomorrow that problem will be solved. I also hope to get the spare parts I ordered for the NERO as well, those are on another order so fingers crossed I won't need them too quickly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back