Nero just dropped below $400 at Tower!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used coupon code 010B9 and purchased a Nero without Diff Brain for $329. I just purchased a new Kraton the other day, but this price was too good to pass up.

I was actually just going to order my son's Kraton when I saw this add on the website. Now I am wondering if I should get him a Kraton or a Nero. I currently have a Senton and Typhon, so I am familiar with the platform of the Kraton. But the Nero does look pretty sweet. Any opinions on Kraton versus Nero anybody?

And I have heard from a lot of people that the Kraton is really good. What kind of problems did you have with it if you don't mind me asking.

I heard the same thing lol, but look closer and you'll see that they do a bunch of mods or are constantly on the phone with customer service.

Let's see, all the electronics crapped out on it, but it's an RTR, so whatever I guess.

The hingepins kept getting slammed though the hanger's and breaking them.

The bumpers are worthless.

The shocktowers kept bending

The wing mount broke repeatedly, then broke the rear bulkhead because I landed on the tail without a wing...

The wheel bearing blew out repeatedly.

I was able to fix everyone of these thing's through my ingenuity, or the aftermarket. but it's been broken currently for a year, because I'm simply tired of putting money into it. I haven't ran a full pack through it yet.

My Kraton is bulletproof, but far from RTR. I think the Kraton will be easier to work on, and things will break on the Nero as well. It's part of the hobby.

I heard the same thing lol, but look closer and you'll see that they do a bunch of mods or are constantly on the phone with customer service.

Let's see, all the electronics crapped out on it, but it's an RTR, so whatever I guess.

The wing mount broke repeatedly, then broke the rear bulkhead because I landed on the tail without a wing...

I was able to fix everyone of these thing's through my ingenuity, or the aftermarket. but it's been broken currently for a year, because I'm simply tired of putting money into it. I haven't ran a full pack through it yet.
I guess I would be wanting to go to the Nero too lol. Was yours one of the older models or the newer models with the updated black electronics? I am guessing either way, Nero or Kraton, with my son driving it, nothing should break as I am putting in a 2200kv castle system and going to have him running it on 2s to start and then work his way up. But it would be nice down the road to have a reliable bash proof vehicle.

I guess I would be wanting to go to the Nero too lol. Was yours one of the older models or the newer models with the updated black electronics? I am guessing either way, Nero or Kraton, with my son driving it, nothing should break as I am putting in a 2200kv castle system and going to have him running it on 2s to start and then work his way up. But it would be nice down the road to have a reliable bash proof vehicle.

Mine is one of the originals, although it has alot of Team Durango and Mugen on it now.

It's very much like my older Maxx series trucks, which quite simply, just broke and broke often.

I hope my Nero is much more like my Savage and Revo's, which were pretty builletproof.

My Kraton is bulletproof, but far from RTR. I think the Kraton will be easier to work on, and things will break on the Nero as well. It's part of the hobby.
Would you want to list everything that you have done to get yours bulletproof? He really wants a Kraton but it's such a good deal on the Nero I almost want to get that for him instead. But like I said I am familiar with the Kraton platform so it would be easier to work on.

Mine is one of the originals, although it has alot of Team Durango and Mugen on it now.

It's very much like my older Maxx series trucks, which quite simply, just broke and broke often.

I hope my Nero is much more like my Savage and Revo's, which were pretty bulletproof.
The electronics were notorious in the older models for going out. As for the rest of it, maybe you just got a bad vehicle. I have three friends that all have E revos bought on the same day (hobby store was happy we showed up as I bought an HPI Baja 5b SS as well lol). Two of them haven't had a single problem with their revos besides the typical minor stuff but the other one can't get through a full run without shelling out at least one differential so he doesn't drive it anymore.

I have both and like them for different reasons. The Nero is unique and full of ingenuity, the kraton is simple, light and fast. Both are the same size. Abuse either, they'll break.

Yup ordered one today...couldn't refuse. I think It'll fit right in with the Kraton and Outcast. Thanks for sharing...Mike

Last edited:
Would you want to list everything that you have done to get yours bulletproof? He really wants a Kraton but it's such a good deal on the Nero I almost want to get that for him instead. But like I said I am familiar with the Kraton platform so it would be easier to work on.

The electronics were notorious in the older models for going out. As for the rest of it, maybe you just got a bad vehicle. I have three friends that all have E revos bought on the same day (hobby store was happy we showed up as I bought an HPI Baja 5b SS as well lol). Two of them haven't had a single problem with their revos besides the typical minor stuff but the other one can't get through a full run without shelling out at least one differential so he doesn't drive it anymore.

I have a build thread on this site

https://arrmaforum.com/threads/lets-build-a-kraton.1731/

The V3 Kraton is pretty bulletproof. I've got an outcast which is a basically a short wheelbase kraton and the outcast has been really durable. I have to admit I work that wheely bar HARD. I can't believe the NERO does not have a wheely bar. I just picked up the NERO for $330 w/ free shopping at tower. What a deal!!! I know it will not be as durable as outcast, but the tires, electronics and body are worth it. Plan on using those in the near future when I stretch out the outcast with a kraton chassis.....

Man you got a lemon or something. I can't break the Kraton.

I hope my Nero is much more like my Savage and Revo's, which were pretty builletproof.
You had a Revo that was bulletproof? How did you manage that? All I had to do was look at my ERevo and the diffs would blow or an arm would break or something.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back