Nero motor fail!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donp

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Typhon 6s
Nice day out today in SW PA. I had my Nero out doing some speed runs and it kicked up, then unresponsive to stop. I found that motor was kicked away from the transmision. Center diff turned okay, front and rear okay too. Adjusted gear mesh and truck didn't roll very well so I loosened the trans and tested the motor without load and she barely rotates and squeels like a pig. A little disappointed, havenen't even beat it yet, and less than 10 runs on it. Im sure the warranty will take care of it though. Anyone else have a motor fail?

20170123_174842.jpg
Well that makes two of us for a Nero motor fail yesterday!!! I was blasting around the local pit, hit a couple small jumps and then a god awful sound and minimal movement. I most certainly thought the center diff broke. But upon teardown the center diff had eaten the small o-ring and gouged up both shims behind the planetary gears. The diff spun by hand but had a spot that had some drag. Now i test the motor, and bingo... its no good. It will spin, but not smooth at all. its got some bad noises and a good vibration. It almost feels\sounds like a real bad bearing or bushing...Arrma support here I come...Mike

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back