Kraton Nero motor in Kraton, anyone tried with stock BLX 185 ESC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a high speed jumping bash today, mixed moist dirt and grass, motor hit 140s, ESC 110-115 tops with 18 pinion. So far I'm pretty happy with this setup. Definitely way more torque at all speeds. Kraton backflipping at speed View attachment 8124 off dirt incline across a large field. Don't think I've ever seen her cover so much distance before....Lol.

Nice! I love my blx200 system. Looking at how much fun your having by just adding the motor is making me want to get one for my SWB Kraton I built....dang you Rich! LOL!

Nice! I love my blx200 system. Looking at how much fun your having by just adding the motor is making me want to get one for my SWB Kraton I built....dang you Rich! LOL!
I'm planning on trying it with the Outcast soon, just think keeping the nose down might mean turning the punch down from 9....Lol!!! I'm just glad the sun was out. Working next 4 days and more rain this weekend I think. Sure happy to have the Kraton Beast back!!!

I'm planning on trying it with the Outcast soon, just think keeping the nose down might mean turning the punch down from 9....Lol!!! I'm just glad the sun was out. Working next 4 days and more rain this weekend I think. Sure happy to have the Kraton Beast back!!!

Naaahhhhhh.....who needs to steer....I'm sure it will survive. Lol! Yeah, you could probably put the punch back to the stock setting and still get a little more punch than the old motor on 9. Glad to see the beast is back!

Nice rebuild Rich...looks great.
Thanks Vanning, went too long without the Kraton up, never again. Did get my son's Outcast finally finished though with proper truck body and tower to tower brace. Just needs some Backflips on it.
IMG_20170223_183021613.jpg

Naaahhhhhh.....who needs to steer....I'm sure it will survive. Lol! Yeah, you could probably put the punch back to the stock setting and still get a little more punch than the old motor on 9. Glad to see the beast is back!
Va-jeeper, that's funny bro! You're probably right about the punch, steering is overrated, that's why I'm still bashing stock servos...Lol. I'll make sure to test it far away from trees and poles....

Just ordered cen reeper 1450kv for nero. Ebay chop shop, $68. Going to put nero motor in outcast. Both should be improve. Have stainless arm guards and skid plates on nero making it even heavier. Performs well should be beyond awesome with reeper. Should get similar results that Rich got in his Kraton.

Just ordered cen reeper 1450kv for nero. Ebay chop shop, $68. Going to put nero motor in outcast. Both should be improve. Have stainless arm guards and skid plates on nero making it even heavier. Performs well should be beyond awesome with reeper. Should get similar results that Rich got in his Kraton.
I've heard good things about Reeper motors, especially for the price, let us know how that works out.

What are the dimensions on that 1450kv motor? Anybody know? I couldn't find them even after a few searches. Thanks!

I haven't found them either and didn't think about before ordering. I thought 1/8 scale, hobbywing esc in cen and nero, xt90 connectors...get it. It looks like the nero has a little margin for error. I'll let u know when I do

Thanks! Just wondering if it'll fit in the Kraton without any modifications.

I haven't found them either and didn't think about before ordering. I thought 1/8 scale, hobbywing esc in cen and nero, xt90 connectors...get it. It looks like the nero has a little margin for error. I'll let u know when I do

Thanks Vanning, went too long without the Kraton up, never again. Did get my son's Outcast finally finished though with proper truck body and tower to tower brace. Just needs some Backflips on it.View attachment 8125

Va-jeeper, that's funny bro! You're probably right about the punch, steering is overrated, that's why I'm still bashing stock servos...Lol. I'll make sure to test it far away from trees and poles....

Sweet.... love the body. Rich.... get a block of foam, go from the chassis brace with a hole in the foam and a slot. Extend it to the inner roof of the truck body, attach with Velcro. It stops the roof from caving in. I'll post a pic, you can see it inside mine.

Attachments

• IMG_0674.JPG
    IMG_0674.JPG
    276.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Sweet.... love the body. Rich.... get a block of foam, go from the chassis brace with a hole in the foam and a slot. Slide the foam over the chassis brace. Extend it to the inner roof of the truck body, attach with Velcro to the roof. . It stops the roof from caving in. I'll post a pic, you can see it inside mine.
Thanks Vanning, appreciate it. The foam block was one thought, may still do it like with Axis brace for Slash I think. Was planning to modify stock Kraton body support to support roof from cave in, possibly extend foam off of it. My tower brace tunnels through it as is. Open to all ideas for sure. Simple and effective is my goal. I'll post pics of whatever I decide to go with. Ohhhh, just saw it through the window, thanks for the pic, that's more or less what I was thinking of, firm/padded top support. Nice!

Last edited:
Just like the axis brace. That's right... you have a Slash. I took mine out last weekend with a gen 3 slipper and steel spur, Tekno drive shaft and new bearings. And new end links from RPM. Damn....took a woopin. The Axis brace is sweet..... I wish they made one for the Kraton.

I hacked up my plastic Kraton roof support... it didn't work as planned, had to toss it out. I hacked too much off. Lol.

Damn the truck body looks and fits nice on your rig. Great choice.

I'm going to sell my Mugen body I have for my Kraton. I never used it much and it's all shoo gewd perfectly. I prefer more of the truck bodies or old school vintage looking stuff like you did.

Last edited:
Just like the axis brace. That's right... you have a Slash. I took mine out last weekend with a gen 3 slipper and steel spur, Tekno drive shaft and new bearings. And new end links from RPM. Damn....took a woopin. The Axis brace is sweet..... I wish they made one for the Kraton.

I hacked up my Kraton support... it didn't work as planned, had to toss it out. I hacked too much off. Lol.
Don't have the Axis brace, but do have a heavily modded Backslash that rips with MIP shafts, Revo slipper and mod 1 spur. Running 18/40 gearing with CC Sidewinder 8th 2200kv, mostly 4s, sometimes 6s, but it gets ridiculous. Thing is crazy fast and very durable since taking most of the Traxxas out of it with RPM arms, Tekno big bone...Etc. I've launched it big-time off the ramps.
IMG_20170224_173748829.jpg

My drive-line is all non Traxxas also. Except the diffs but they are XO-1 diffs. Someone makes a helical ring and pinion for them also but I'm going good as is. I can go full bore with that and pretty much not hurt it. My oldest boy is moving up to it this season 3S .. then the little guy moves up to his Stampede. Then I can retire a few cheaper ones to the parts bin. They did their time.

My drive-line is all non Traxxas also. Except the diffs but they are XO-1 diffs. Someone makes a helical ring and pinion for them also but I'm going good as is. I can go full bore with that and pretty much not hurt it. My oldest boy is moving up to it this season 3S .. then the little guy moves up to his Stampede. Then I can retire a few cheaper ones to the parts bin. They did their time.
Just read the rest of your post, thanks again Vanning, I too like the classic truck look. You just reminded me that I never upgraded my Slash diffs. I had thought about it for quite a while, but had already dumped so much bread into it. This is the 3rd carnation of this rig. Leaving it as a Backslash, way lighter and better jumping with 17 hex buggy wheels. My kids are doing 3s with their modded ECX Ruckuses. They really like bashing the Arrmas more now...Lol. I actually like driving their 2wd on 3s, but Dad's happy bashing anything!!!

WOW!!! What a beast... Just got done with install and within 2minutes I managed to flip her over multiple times and then wrecked three of my badlands... I have a 16t pinion on there for the moment...now off to do some tire shopping...Mike

WOW!!! What a beast... Just got done with install and within 2minutes I managed to flip her over multiple times and then wrecked three of my badlands... I have a 16t pinion on there for the moment...now off to do some tire shopping...Mike
My Backflips are holding up well vented with 50k front, 200k center diff fluid. Hope your next tires hold up better. Were they taped or premounts?

Stock 3.8 proline badlands. They have held up fine on the stoc kmotor
I have a set too, but bought tires with 3.8 Desperados and taped with one rap of 2" Gorilla tape. So far doing well with no ballooning. Also vented them and plugged rim holes to keep water out. Proline makes great tires, just balloon a lot on big power. Glad you noticed the power difference with Nero motor, albeit in less than ideal way. Sometimes you don't know until you try.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back