Kraton Nero motor in Kraton, anyone tried with stock BLX 185 ESC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Duperbash

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Recently grabbed BLX4075 Nero motor off Amazon for $52.00. Just wondering if anyone has ran it in their Kraton with stock ESC. Thinking about putting on matching bullet connectors and giving her a go. Any feedback or suggestions appreciated. Currently rebuilding Kraton from near scratch after having used front and rear to build my son his own Outcast.

Get a Mamba ESC, blx185 is pure crap. That Nero 2000kv motor is beast, was tempted to try it, but I have a 2200kv Mamba motor with MMX

Get a Mamba ESC, blx185 is pure crap. That Nero 2000kv motor is beast, was tempted to try it, but I have a 2200kv Mamba motor with MMX
I was considering ESC upgrade, just wondering if anyone had tried it, my 185s have worked fine for the most part thus far and I have a spare to experiment with. Thanks for the feedback though.

"Feedback or suggestions appreciated"

JUST DO IT!!!!! I want to see a video of this in action LOL

Between the 185 ESC and the Nero ESC (200) the only differences I notice are a few more bells and whistles in the settings on the 200, other than that they both have relatively the same specs.

Last edited:

Between the 185 ESC and the Nero ESC (200) the only differences I notice are a few more bells and whistles in the settings on the 200, other than that they both have relatively the same specs.
I'm doing it soon and will shoot a vid, just need weather to cooperate and dry out some. Need to swap bullet connectors and finish Kraton rebuild, just found last parts I needed at area LHS, lucked out, they are on backorder.

I have the BLX200 and the Nero motor in my recent scratch build. It is hard to keep the front down. I also wondered if it would work with the 185 but had the other esc so...

What he said! LOL

I have the BLX200 and the Nero motor in my recent scratch build. It is hard to keep the front down. I also wondered if it would work with the 185 but had the other esc so...

What he said! LOL
Nice!!! That's my kind of good problem to have. Hope to have her run ready soon. Just couldn't pass up the price, actually bought 2 of them. Thanks for the feedback.

I actually ordered one last night. Just couldn't pass it up. Also as I'm waiting on my warranty replacement motor for the Nero. I'll also now have a spare to try on my Kraton...Mike

Last edited:
I actually ordered one last night. Just couldn't pass it up. Also as I'm waiting on my replacement motor for the Nero. I'll also now have a spare to try on my Kraton...Mike
Yeah a great deal is hard to pass up, looking forward to letting her rip soon. Just been dropping too much coin lately, don't feel like ESC upgrade is essential for this, specs are very similar any how between BLX200 and 185 ESC.

I just wound up ordering the BLX200 combo.

What pinion gear would you guys run if mainly running 6s on Terrain Crusher sized tires (slightly smaller than stock)?

Thanks!

I just wound up ordering the BLX200 combo.

What pinion gear would you guys run if mainly running 6s on Terrain Crusher sized tires (slightly smaller than stock)?

Thanks!
I had to go up several teeth to achieve same speeds as stock Kraton tires on street run with stock system geared 16 tooth on 6s. Hit 60 with 20 tooth and Terrain Crushers, same as Kraton wheels with 16, but got there a lot faster and with perfect handling and control. Not saying you should do 20 persay, just sharing my findings. Really didn't get that hot despite ripping around a bit with WOT. Much less rolling resistance with Crushers. Just wouldn't do really rough bashing with them. No sidewall or tire cushion for big hits.

Unfortunately I love big air and big crashes. I like that the Terrain Crushers don't balloon, since I'm still a newb and haven't tried taping tires yet, but knowing how bad I am at attention to detail, I don't think I'll do a great job taping and gluing. I guess I should do it though, as I'm sure I'll eventually crack a rim with the SRCs.

I had to go up several teeth to achieve same speeds as stock Kraton tires on street run with stock system geared 16 tooth on 6s. Hit 60 with 20 tooth and Terrain Crushers, same as Kraton wheels with 16, but got there a lot faster and with perfect handling and control. Not saying you should do 20 persay, just sharing my findings. Really didn't get that hot despite ripping around a bit with WOT. Much less rolling resistance with Crushers. Just wouldn't do really rough bashing with them. No sidewall or tire cushion for big hits.

Unfortunately I love big air and big crashes. I like that the Terrain Crushers don't balloon, since I'm still a newb and haven't tried taping tires yet, but knowing how bad I am at attention to detail, I don't think I'll do a great job taping and gluing. I guess I should do it though, as I'm sure I'll eventually crack a rim with the SRCs.
Taping and glueing is a bit laborious, but it pays off with Proline and other tires that balloon crazy on higher power. The Backflip Outcast tires I'm running on Outcast and Kraton don't balloon that much if you run heavier center and front diff fluids. I never ran them with center less than 100-200k and 50k front.

My primary reason for going Castle ESC is the huge amount of programming adjustments you get with the PC link software. Infinite adjustment of the power and brake curves to tailor the response of your motor.
I have a Castle link for my other rigs, just haven't tried adjusting the power curves yet. I know lots of people have said good things about their use, just need to make time to play with it. My 2 Castle setups seem to run fine with a linear setup. Adjustability is always nice, though.

I was considering ESC upgrade, just wondering if anyone had tried it, my 185s have worked fine for the most part thus far and I have a spare to experiment with. Thanks for the feedback though.

I just got this same setup 2200KV with the BLX185...and she is beastly. I'm currently waiting on satellite gears for my Center differential. Mine were split in half.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back