Nero quit steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brownman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
I recently bought a used nero, (only about 3 weeks old) warranty does not apply since i do not have the original receipt though. But the truck looked and ran perfect until 3 days ago the steering went completely out, out of nowhere. Truck still seems to drive forward and reverse fine, but no steering at all. You can turn the wheels left and right by hand with no problems, sounds or binding but when turning the wheel on the radio it does not even make a noise or anything at all? Any tips or ideas what could be the issue would be greatly appreciated

Doyon have an separate servo to make a simple test? If yes, just plug it into the receiver on the steering channel, esc on, and try steering..
If the servo is working, you will have a dead steering servo.
It could also happens that the servo plug slips out of the receiver -> no steering..
Do you have a drip brain version? then it is also possible that the brain board makes trouble!

Lonee, i do not have an extra servo and it does not have the diff brain kit. I checked the plug from servo to receiver and it looks fine.

Mhmm, It is not often but it is also possible that the RX gives the problem.
But that is easy to check. just swap the cables from servo and esc. After that the car should drive by turning the steering wheel.
If that working, I fear that you're steering servo is dead....
The just one positive point: You have the choice to upgrade to a stronger servo....

Some other guys had also "burned" servos, just check the forum to consider the right one.
The original just have 15Kg and if you see it beside the weight of the car?!.. it´s too weak!

Alright thanks, i will give that a try when i get home this evening!

I had the same problem, found the steering servo had failed. Figure it's the trucks way of saying it's time for an upgrade

I had upgraded to this one ->
Team Corally CS-5226 HV High Speed Servo Titan 25,6kg C52001
I use it not on High Voltage. Just the voltage of the RX. It is fast enough for me.
But you can also use HV, if you use an external BEC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back