Nero Replacement Servo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genetic

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
So my Steering servo on my nero was acting up on me yesterday, so figured it was about time to replace it. I was wondering what high torque servos people recommend?

I just bought this but haven't installed it yet. Specs are good and priced well.
From RCJuice.com

http://www.rcjuice.com/servos/hobby...tanium-gear-mega-torque-servo-waterproof.html

upload_2017-3-1_22-52-40.png

Hard to beat the specs on this one:

Futaba S9372SV - 280inTq/.07speed @ 6V
And it's water proof...

Hard to beat the specs on this one:

Futaba S9372SV - 280inTq/.07speed @ 6V
And it's water proof...

For the price it better be hard to beat..

Savöx sw-1210sg

Direct fit and waterproof

This is what I've got sitting at home waiting for me to install. Haven't driven the Nero, just need to do my diff fluid and servo and will be good to go!

I installed it but have yet to run with it. Waiting for my new lipo's to arrive. I wish arrma made it a little easier to switch the steering servo though!
That's precisely why I bought it now, so when I have to rip the motor mount out I can tackle the servo too at the same time. Lol.

Lazy factor to the maxx haha

Has anyone put a high voltage servo with a BEC in their Nero, Big Rock or Fazon? I have been doing some research trying to decide what servo to get mostly because I am planning on putting bigger tires on my Big Rock, but I have found out that the Arrma ESC doesn't support 7.4V power to the receiver. Because Arrma has locked out most of the ESC settings the stock ESC will only put out 6.0V. Which is kind of strange since according to the Arrma manual the Diff Brain is rated for 5V-7.4V, on Tower Hobbies the TR326 receiver is rated at 4.0V-8.4V, and assuming the ESC is really a re-branded Max8 then it has a BEC that can output 6V or 7.2V. I believe that with a external BEC you can put a high voltage servo in these vehicles, but I am wondering if anyone has been able to successfully install a 7.4V servo and BEC yet? From what I have seen you can power the servo directly from the BEC and power the BEC directly from the battery leads. In this setup the BEC and ESC are wired in parallel to the same batteries. Below is a link to a wiring diagram I found on an RCTech post and I think it should work for installing a 7.4V servo on a Nero, Big Rock, or Fazon.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachm...off-external-bec-battery-becwiringdiagram.jpg

If you use an separate BEC, you have just disconnect the red cable from the ESC. Thats it..
Or you change to max8 with additional caps...

Does anyone know how to change the volt setting on the Nero? I want to use the highest, reason being that I bought a stronger servo. I want to use the full potential of it.

Unfortunately as far as I know the only way to put a high voltage servo on the Nero, Big Rock or Fazon is to use an external BEC and power the servo directly from the BEC or replace the ESC with an after market ESC that you can program to output 7.4V. Arrma has locked out most of the programming options on the BLX200 and you can not change the voltage setting for the BLX200 built-in BEC. So it will only run at 6.0V.

I think that they locked on 6V because of the diff servos. In the description is written 7,2V for the small servos but they have no saver.
So if the small servo blocked the electronic will getting hot very far. Maybe that was one of the reason for that.
More important is the castrated option for the cut off voltage. On My BLX200 it is much to low to be on the safe side of the Lipo´s.
In case of an HV-Servo I also suggest an external BEC for that. and keeping the other electronic on 6V.

After 15 runs the servo is dead. Tested with another servo. It works. Arrmas servos ara garbage. Now i think what servo is the best.

I'm running a Hitec 7950 in my Nero with a CCBec set to 7.4v. The servo is putting out ~486oz/in at that setting. I have the HR servo saver to attempt to keep it under control (plastic one was no challenge for it). However, the plastic mounts of the 7950 noticeably flexes a bunch. That and the 24T spline is just annoying as everything else is 25T these days.

So with that, my favorite servo to get is the one I'm running in my Yeti XL - the HV500. I'm looking forward to the Hitec dying just to replace it with one of these. The HV500 is stronger (500oz/in) and faster, super silent brushless, aluminum case, and is ruling the 20lb Yeti XL. The 15lb Nero would be at home with it.

Got a spektrum s6230... Was opening it up to put in grease but noticed an o ring. There was nothing on the box or manual about being waterproof but a search online stated it was. One less step!

It is a very tight fit with the servo wire coming out the center.

See picture of how close the wire is to the driveshaft. Not sure if it will be a problem but doesn't appear to rub.

311 oz inch, moves the tires nice and quick! 118$ Canadian.

Attachments

• IMG_20170613_174051.jpg
    IMG_20170613_174051.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 52
That 6230 Spektrum is one of my favorite high torque servos...and the 6240 is my favorite high speed one. So I definitely recommend them. Unfortunately I have an extra 6240 and not a 6230...was gonna put it in my Fazon too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back